Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPSL Experiences

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: NPSL Experiences

Yea well they know its a business card. and business's have a lot of bills and need to spend money so im sure they are aware that the card will fluctuate monthly.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 11 of 16
cottontop
Contributor

I didn't call in on the Chase cards.  I knew the lady at the vendor very well and told her I was experimenting on credit lines, so I was prepared for a decline. Should've tried more I guess...

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 12 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@eddie84 wrote:

@cottontop wrote:

eddie84, I use the "will my charges be approved" before every transaction.  I love the feature.  I wish the others had a similar tool, but this is the reason for my experimenting with the other banks.  Just what are they willing to do...

Yah, Amex is cool for putting that button there.  And you're right!  I wish every other cards with NPSL would have that feature (instead of having to call it in every time).

Do you know how consistent Amex is with that function? If you are approved online for 20k can you buy something worth 20k right away without getting a phone call from them?

Message 13 of 16
cottontop
Contributor

I would always check the button on AMEX and then charge a...

I would always check the button on AMEX and then charge an amount similar on the same day.  Never had a problem or had to call in.  Only calls I have had from them were after charges posted and my balance went above a certain amount, they would call asking for a payment of x dollars so my card could continue to be used without interuption. 

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 14 of 16
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@cottontop wrote:

eddie84, I use the "will my charges be approved" before every transaction.  I love the feature.  I wish the others had a similar tool, but this is the reason for my experimenting with the other banks.  Just what are they willing to do...

Yah, Amex is cool for putting that button there.  And you're right!  I wish every other cards with NPSL would have that feature (instead of having to call it in every time).

Do you know how consistent Amex is with that function? If you are approved online for 20k can you buy something worth 20k right away without getting a phone call from them?

So far they've been pretty consistent for me but of course, I always call it in also just to double check. Smiley Tongue  Would hate to have one of my cards get declined any where. Smiley Embarassed

Message 15 of 16
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
thats awesome. I hope to someday work for a company that needs me to spend some cash that will be reimbursed just so I can rack up some points on their expense haha. they won't FR you if you pay in full every time.

I was hoping that too but my company had to give me corporate cards......

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.