Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NRA Rewards CC 5% cashback gas/5% cash back sporting good

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NRA Rewards CC 5% cashback gas/5% cash back sporting good

@yfan wrote:

I don't see much real value in this. 5% off on gas at non-warehouse locations, in my area at least, is still more expensive than Costco, before the Costco Visa's 4% kicks in. And while I am an avid bicyclist and nature explorer, 'sporting goods stores' are comically overpriced (when compared to Costco, Target, Amazon for the same stuff).

The 4% off is for most non costco gas stations aas well, however; it is only up to $7,000 dollars in charged fuel, so your max reward on gas is is $280 dollars.  If you traveled a lot by car, truck or full time rv'ers, then the 5% may very well be worth it if its unlimited. But then you wouldnt use the costco 4% anymore. Might as well get the 5% back on the 7,000 limit set by them. 

Message 21 of 42
galahad15
Valued Contributor

An interesting card, although AFAIK, my new Cash+ Also has a sporting goods 5% cashback category, with a slightly-lower APR. The only compelling reason I can see for me apping for it would be the 5% gas rewards category, although tbh I prolly won't be apping for it regardless.

Message 22 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

An interesting card, although AFAIK, my new Cash+ Also has a sporting goods 5% cashback category, with a slightly-lower APR. The only compelling reason I can see for me apping for it would be the 5% gas rewards category, although tbh I prolly won't be apping for it regardless.

correct on cash+, but also capped on sporting good.  Lets say you want to buy ammo or gun which would code most likely as sporting good and it goes for 10k-20k(many do sell for believe it or not)) obviously this card would be for you Smiley Happy. I think the bigger appeal is for people that drive alot and have significant gas expenses that blow past caps of even the Costco card.

Message 23 of 42
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Approved today: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NRA-Rewards-CC/td-p/5056461

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NRA Rewards CC Data Point

I apped for this on  9/27 and was denied. I got the letter today. The reason given was too many inqs. I called for recon and was denied, however I was told that they only look at the last 6 months of inqs for their decision. Though I was not told how many was the max before denial... I tried Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 42
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Is FNBO BK friendly?

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 26 of 42
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

and also CC approval rate is super high on this card i luv that eagle design it looks just like BOA U.S Pride visa i want this card its so cool Smiley Tongue

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 27 of 42
jewdln

GUESS THIS MEANS DENIED!?!?!?!?

Fico Score Via Mtg Lender for (VA) house purchase as of 7/1/14
Equifax 700, Experian 725, Trans Union 720
Chapter 7 BK discharged March 2012
Barclay Rewards $12.5K, Capital One $1.5K ,Ally $2500, AmEx $11K, B of A $2K, Barclay Cask Fwd $1.5K, Sears Citi #7K, PenFed $8K, Amazon $500, Walmart $500, Fingerhut $500
Message 28 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jewdln wrote:

GUESS THIS MEANS DENIED!?!?!?!?

Does not mean denied very few and I mean very few people get instant approvals with FNBO bank.  This is typical for FNBO..  You should be getting a .call in a few days for verification and know more then just make sure you try to answer it or call back if they leave a message.

Message 29 of 42
digitek
Established Contributor

Just wanted to report that this card does seem to offer 5% back on stuff you buy in a gas station store.  At least it did at United Dairy Farmers, which is a huge string of gas stations/ice cream places around me.  Bought something in the store and it was coded as "Gas" on my FNBO statement.

Also, the Kroger Fuel pumps outside their grocery store by my house counts as "Gas" category and 5% back.  Those can be hit-or-miss, but mainly with Amex cards and their gas categorization.

Bank offers good website, mobile app, provides a free FICO score, allows easy bank transfer and auto-pay.  Solid card all-around, I'm really happy with it.

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.