cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY & Company Shopping Cart Trick Alternative?

tag
scorpio_queen02
Valued Member

NY & Company Shopping Cart Trick Alternative?

I got a letter in the mail today from New York & Company saying I was preapproved for their card. I had been trying the shopping cart trick for some time, with no luck. It provides a link to the prescreen where you have to put in a number to get to the actual application. I noticed right away that it is asking for my full SSN. So I am hesitant to apply because it looks like it will result in a HP. I tried the shopping cart trick once more in an incognito window and still no pop up. I have yet to come across someone who has gotten this card with thw shopping cart trick, and Im wondering if this is their actual method. Has anyone had this experience? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: NY & Company Shopping Cart Trick Alternative?

I tried EVERYDAY for months to get the pop-up, but never did. I just applied (HP) and got the card in 10 days. It sounds like the offer you received will be a HP.

Message 2 of 3
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Re: NY & Company Shopping Cart Trick Alternative?

My daughter had a similar situation with trying this on Victoria Secret, could not get the pre approval to come up, she received a letter stating she was pre approved, she called them and as you mentioned, they asked for her full social security number, they advised her that she was approved, she did not receive a HP, has been at least 6 months ago, nothing has ever showed up on her reports. Hope this helps

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.