Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa Federal Credit Union - Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nasa Federal Credit Union - Credit Card

@lhcole77 wrote:

I strongly encourage you to become a member before you apply for the card.

I did not have to pay for membership.

lhcole, could you explain how you did that? From other posters, it seems like you can apply for the CC regardless, then use that to gain membership. How do you get membership first, and what is the benefit of doing so?

For what its worth, it looks like NASAFCU has very competitive mortgage rates as well, so membership could be great. 

Message 11 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

lhcole, could you explain how you did that? From other posters, it seems like you can apply for the CC regardless, then use that to gain membership. How do you get membership first, and what is the benefit of doing so?

For what its worth, it looks like NASAFCU has very competitive mortgage rates as well, so membership could be great. 

The most successful way to avoid a HP for the card was to open a share account first.  And that seems to make you a member.   If you apped for the card first, you tended to get a HP, and although there were reports of some getting HPd anyway, most poeple didn't if they opened an account first.

Message 12 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

The most successful way to avoid a HP for the card was to open a share account first.  And that seems to make you a member.   If you apped for the card first, you tended to get a HP, and although there were reports of some getting HPd anyway, most poeple didn't if they opened an account first.

^^This^^

Signing up is easy. Click on "Open an Account" and select the circled option when asked. This is the free way to join. Then be prepared to verify identity. They ask questions based on report. I answered my correctly so joining was a breeze. I got in at the end of September right before the tidal wave hit so my membership and CC approval were both instant. Reports on here suggest approval process may be taking longer. Right after membership was approved it pre-approved me for CC with $25K limit. I didn't have to ask, it just approved me. All I had to do was pick the design. Hope this info helps.

btw...both membership and CC approval were SPs on EX

aghojlknmlkfh.JPG

Message 13 of 20
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

^^This^^

Signing up is easy. Click on "Open an Account" and select the circled option when asked. This is the free way to join. Then be prepared to verify identity. They ask questions based on report. I answered my correctly so joining was a breeze. I got in at the end of September right before the tidal wave hit so my membership and CC approval were both instant. Reports on here suggest approval process may be taking longer. Right after membership was approved it pre-approved me for CC with $25K limit. I didn't have to ask, it just approved me. All I had to do was pick the design. Hope this info helps.

btw...both membership and CC approval were SPs on EX

aghojlknmlkfh.JPG

I just did this and opened 2 savings and one checking account with them Smiley Happy No hard pulls yet.  In the morning I will apply for the card.  Trying to decide on which design I should get.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I assumed that that option would include the $20 default NSS membership fee. 

Message 15 of 20
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting. I assumed that that option would include the $20 default NSS membership fee. 

I didnt pay anything.  Well I did have to pay $5 for a required deposit for one of the savings accounts.  That is all.  No membership fees but they did subscribe me to a complimentary memebership of the national space society.

Message 16 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I haven't received a single copy of NSS Downlink yet...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for a credit card and automatically became a member with a savings (minimum 5$). 

Message 18 of 20
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for a credit card and automatically became a member with a savings (minimum 5$). 

I got no hard pulls so far.. 2 savings and one checking account.  In the morning I will apply for the credit card.

Message 19 of 20
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What design did you get? also what Credit Limit?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.