cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa Recurring Payment

tag
mommynurse

Nasa Recurring Payment

My Nasa credit card is set up to automatically pay each month. It is due on the 18th and comes out on the 13th. I noticed it still has not come out of my bank, and when I just checked today on the 19th it still shows the payment due. Anyone else seen problems with it this month??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Nasa Recurring Payment

@mommynurse wrote:

My Nasa credit card is set up to automatically pay each month. It is due on the 18th and comes out on the 13th. I noticed it still has not come out of my bank, and when I just checked today on the 19th it still shows the payment due. Anyone else seen problems with it this month??

When I was on the NASA site earlier today, I believe it mentioned something about having to setup your outside financial institution payment information again now that there is a new credit card interface.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I noticed the same thing. it wouldn't allow me to set up the payment as it was before. The only way to get an automatic monthly payment is to draft it from a NASA account. Which is what I did for now.
Hopefully they get it straight, where I can draft automatically from a outside account.
Message 3 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

9 months of lurking and finally posting!

I had a moment of panic a few days ago as I scheduled a payment from my BOA checking to my NASA Visa as soon as my statement closed last month.  I have never had a problem before, but on the due date I called when I hadn't seen any change on my NASA account and still didn't see a pending ACH on the BOA site.  After the CSR put me on hold to check what was going on with my payment, she came back and said that with the website changes, only the recurring ACH payments carried over.  I am so glad I called!  I had a confirmation email from nearly a month ago and a confirmation number in my credit cards spreadsheet, and NASA never notified anyone that any already scheduled payments were suddenly canceled. I was able to do an ACH by phone and they were kind enough to waive the $10 pay by phone fee. I would have been furious had they NOT waived it.

When you login to eBranch now, you can click on your credit card account on the main screen, then click Make A Payment, and then it will give you options for a 1-time outside financial institution, recurring outside, or real-time from a NASA account.  Alternately, the Transfers-Outside Institutions-Transfer From sequence appears to work with credit cards (I have always used this method to pay my NASA loan), but I usually don't see those credit the account until 4-5 days after the date I enter.  For what it's worth, my long-ago scheduled transfer on the November payment for my loan went through as always, scheduled for November 9th and posted on the loan account on the 16th.

I assume there will be a lot of NASA customers with missed payments this month!  I like their rates and credit lines, but absolutely hate almost every other aspect of NASA FCU.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

9 months of lurking and finally posting!

I had a moment of panic a few days ago as I scheduled a payment from my BOA checking to my NASA Visa as soon as my statement closed last month.  I have never had a problem before, but on the due date I called when I hadn't seen any change on my NASA account and still didn't see a pending ACH on the BOA site.  After the CSR put me on hold to check what was going on with my payment, she came back and said that with the website changes, only the recurring ACH payments carried over.  I am so glad I called!  I had a confirmation email from nearly a month ago and a confirmation number in my credit cards spreadsheet, and NASA never notified anyone that any already scheduled payments were suddenly canceled. I was able to do an ACH by phone and they were kind enough to waive the $10 pay by phone fee. I would have been furious had they NOT waived it.

When you login to eBranch now, you can click on your credit card account on the main screen, then click Make A Payment, and then it will give you options for a 1-time outside financial institution, recurring outside, or real-time from a NASA account.  Alternately, the Transfers-Outside Institutions-Transfer From sequence appears to work with credit cards (I have always used this method to pay my NASA loan), but I usually don't see those credit the account until 4-5 days after the date I enter.  For what it's worth, my long-ago scheduled transfer on the November payment for my loan went through as always, scheduled for November 9th and posted on the loan account on the 16th.

I assume there will be a lot of NASA customers with missed payments this month!  I like their rates and credit lines, but absolutely hate almost every other aspect of NASA FCU.

Welcome to the forums and good post.  I barely caught my payment in time and you're right about them not notifying anyone.  A lot of us here belong to multiple CUs and NASA's online site is by far the worst and this is their 'improved' version.

Message 5 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

They have been extremely inefficient since starting with them for me and thanks to this thread now when I check the account there is no credit card account info showing at all that did just post a payment (mailed in and reflected) only a few days ago.

I will have to call them Monday and try to see what is going on with them (YET AGAIN).

Never seen such as this one with any account I ever had with anyone else.

Message 6 of 7
mommynurse

Yea I'm hesitant to send another payment until i talk to them Monday. I can't afford to make two payments this month if they were to draft the original (unfortunately I have a large balance)
Very frustrating as I can find nothing in my emails or on my statement indicating my recurring payments would need to be set up again.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.