Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa account closed AA??

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Nasa account closed AA??

So i logom go my Nasa account tonight and see my credit card is not on it. So i click to the credit card portal amd see that my card is closed so I call and they are closed but they see that fraud department has blocked my credit card? Will call tomorrow but does anyone know about this?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Nasa account closed AA??

I don't have any experience with nasa but I hope you don't get your card closed. Best of luck to you. Hopefully it's just a verification issue and not AA.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were AA, I doubt the fraud department would be involved. Sounds like...fraud. 

Good luck. Keep us posted. I've just utilized my Nasa PLOC for the first time. I'm hoping they don't get AA happy. 

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear.. I wish they had alerted you if it was fraud related instead of just closing the account.  I think there is more to it so definately update the thread once you speak with them.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear.. I wish they had alerted you if it was fraud related instead of just closing the account.  I think there is more to it so definately update the thread once you speak with them.

I didn't think about it as "closed" even though OP said it was closed. It's Nasa. Their website is from about 2005, though it's being updated Tuesday. Someone recently mused that it looked like a 5 year old designed it. I just figured there aren't a lot of options and they just had to put closed in order for it to not be currently available. But you're right. There could be more. 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Called today was told a rep closed it but with no reason or notes as to why. They told me to call back Monday when card services can answer the call to get to the bottom of it. I havent used the card since March but I just payed them 2,796$ last month to bring my balance to 0$.

Message 6 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Called today was told a rep closed it but with no reason or notes as to why. They told me to call back Monday when card services can answer the call to get to the bottom of it. I havent used the card since March but I just payed them 2,796$ last month to bring my balance to 0$.

Well hope they re open it. Ive been waiting to get the nasa card until i bring my balances down on others. Been a member for over a year though. Good luck.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry you are having these troubles, OP. Good luck to you and please let us know the outcome.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

So they closed it by collections because a few months ago I sent in an email requesting it closed and work out a payment plan. But I just payed it off last month so the letter is void. So I left her a voice mail because one of the collections people who isn't a manager dont know if it can be reopened without reapplying hopefully it can be reopened without reapplying because I have over 30 inqs on each bureau do to cutting out and adding new cards and 8 alone on each from just buying a new Chevy Cruze last week.

Message 9 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:
So they closed it by collections because a few months ago I sent in an email requesting it closed and work out a payment plan. But I just payed it off last month so the letter is void. So I left her a voice mail because one of the collections people who isn't a manager dont know if it can be reopened without reapplying hopefully it can be reopened without reapplying because I have over 30 inqs on each bureau do to cutting out and adding new cards and 8 alone on each from just buying a new Chevy Cruze last week.

It sounds as if they wouldn't close it when they got your email because you still had a balance, but once you paid the card off they then were able to honor your request.

You mention collections and a payment plan... was the card past due or otherwise in collections?  If so I wouldn't expect them to be able to reopen it, but it never hurts to ask.

I know it's not what you think you want, but honestly (from one friend to another) it might be a blessing in disguise if they do keep it closed.  I recall your thread from a few months ago (3/30/2016), and unless things have changed significantly since then you likely have all the credit you really need without NASA.

In any case, I hope it all works out for you!  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.