Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National City, Wright Patt CU, Chase - I Need Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National City, Wright Patt CU, Chase - I Need Help

Some of you know I recently got approved for National City rewards visa for $10,000, so last night I decided to try my luck for Wright Patt CU MC and baam approved for $10,000. 3 weeks back I got a Chase Freedom with $1000 limit and with recent successes, this morning I requested a $9000 CLI online and within minutes approved for $8000. Unbelievable. Last of all Cap One gave me a $750 CLI yesterday and it stands at $4000. Nobody would even look at me a few  weeks ago and now all this. All credit goes to this forum and everyone here.

Now I need your advice on getting rid of some of the low limit credit cards. When I joined this forum couple of months ago I did a mini application spree. My scores were nowhere close to what I have now. These were the results

Kay/Jared - $5000 (shared)
Target - $200
Home Depot - $3000
Hsbc Discover - $1000
Hsbc Visa - $2000
American Express - $1000
Bank of America - 99/500 (Secured)

All the above accounts are 2 months old except BofA which is a month old. I am thinking of closing all  except AmEx and Home Depot. Should I do it? Please let me know what you guys think? Your feedback would be much appreciated.

By the way, before the application spree I had two OPEN CCs, $2000 HSBC Bestbuy MC 18 months old and Cap One 3 months old. I am going to keep these two because of age.

Thanks

Message Edited by maz on 03-28-2008 04:03 AM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: National City, Wright Patt CU, Capital One, Chase

Wow! Congrats.

What are your scores looking like?

Message Edited by llecs on 03-27-2008 09:00 AM
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i say dump hsbc if they are the subprimers and have annual fee's.

please share your experinces with wright pat. my dad banks w/them and i thought about it. i think they pull eq, but would love to know for sure and if you wouldn't mind sharing your scores.

thanks.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats.

What are your scores looking like?

Message Edited by llecs on 03-27-2008 09:00 AM

FICO LOWS = EQ: 542 (8/15/07) - TU: 524 (8/1/07) - EX: 545 (8/1/07)
FICO HIGHS = EQ: 644 (3/15/08) - TU: 663 (3/15/08) - EX: 668 (3/1/08)
3/15/08 FICO = EQ: 644 - TU: 663 - EX: 659

Your Latest FICO® Scores

Offical FICO Score Seal

TransUnion 708 Date: 3/14/2008

Equifax 679 Date: 3/25/2008

Experian 672 Date: 3/17/2008

llecs I do have two judgements on CRs from my college days however they will fall off in the next 4-5 months. So with those gone, I am hoping my scores will show some more improvement. Btw when I joined this forum I was barely touching 600.  

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

say dump hsbc if they are the subprimers and have annual fee's.

please share your experinces with wright pat. my dad banks w/them and i thought about it. i think they pull eq, but would love to know for sure and if you wouldn't mind sharing your scores.

thanks.

aka "ducky" as of 11/18/07

Ducky I never banked with them. I am starting my MBA next week and saw their branch on-campus. So ended up applying for their CC online and got instant approval. They did however ask me to provide proof of income and open a $5 savings account. I'll keep you posted how it goes from this point on. They pulled TU for the CC and a soft on TU for the bank account. My scores are a post above Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep the BOA card.  Amex is finicky and BOA will reward you over time (about 9-12 mos)
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep the BOA card.  Amex is finicky and BOA will reward you over time (about 9-12 mos)

How about HSBC best buy card. Its the only open account with 18 months history but comes with a $35 annual fee and stuck at $2000 from day one. Should I get rid of it?

Message Edited by maz on 03-28-2008 04:06 AM
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

maz wrote:

How about HSBC best buy card. Its the only open account with 18 months history but comes with a $35 annual fee and stuck at $2000 from day one. Should I get rid of it?

Message Edited by maz on 03-28-2008 04:06 AM

Is this the MasterCard? If I had that type of limit I would definitely keep mine. Depends on your electronic fetish.  Me? I roll the rewards on that one. Between the store and Master (which I max oiut every month) I rack up on the rewards ceritificastes.  Will be closing the Master, not because of the fee, but the sucky limit of 600.00.  Tired of paying on it twice a month.  It does however give 2% back on dining out, gas and groceries, but the limit doesn't support my spending in those categories. Either way I make more from the card than the AF.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW needed a new modem thisweek and the card was already maxed.. Couldn't wait for the payment to post so had to put it on a different card.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this the MasterCard? If I had that type of limit I would definitely keep mine. Depends on your electronic fetish.  Me? I roll the rewards on that one. Between the store and Master (which I max oiut every month) I rack up on the rewards ceritificastes.  Will be closing the Master, not because of the fee, but the sucky limit of 600.00.  Tired of paying on it twice a month.  It does however give 2% back on dining out, gas and groceries, but the limit doesn't support my spending in those categories. Either way I make more from the card than the AF

Yup its a MC. I have gotten quite a few certificates. Pretty much made up for the annual fee.

Now my question is what do lenders think when they see two ends of extreme. My highest limit $10,000 and lowest $500 BofA. I wonder if they gona say jee this is not right?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.