cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National City -- who are they and what do they like?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National City -- who are they and what do they like?

Okay, we DONE apping for a while BUT I have found the card o' my dreams and once our credit is oodles better and our current accounts have had time to age (1 year?), I would LOVE to app for this card (or have DH app for me, LOL!):

It's the Quilter's Rewards Visa and it's backed by National City. OMGosh, the "money I could save" (we all know durn well that specialty rewards cards only encourage you to SPEND more!) ... I would be in absolute heaven!

So, does anyone know what scores/conditions NC would want to see? I gotta have me one of those cards!! Smiley Wink 

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: National City -- who are they and what do they like?

I have one of their rewards cards. Started with $2k in March and got a CLI last month bringing the CL to $3k. They are good. My rate is at 0% for transfers.

BTW. TU was at 670 or so.

Message Edited by llecs on 10-08-2008 11:44 PM
Message 7 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

nat city is a cleveland based bank and not doing well now, last i heard stock was around 2 bucks a share.

they pull tu, but don't offer all products nationaly. they do or at least did offer the lifespring visa nationaly.

started me off w/a no pull pre-approval upon opening a checking account. hard cli'd to 10k at activation, 30-60 days (can't recall) hard cli at my request to 12k, then auto cli'd to 13.5k at the 6 month mark.

Message 2 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They seem to be good to me. I like them. They gave me $15K Biz card and $2K Personal Card. They pulled TU for me in NH. 
Message 3 of 17
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

They've got a card for everything don't they?
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 4 of 17
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

nat city is a cleveland based bank and not doing well now, last i heard stock was around 2 bucks a share.

they pull tu, but don't offer all products nationaly. they do or at least did offer the lifespring visa nationaly.

started me off w/a no pull pre-approval upon opening a checking account. hard cli'd to 10k at activation, 30-60 days (can't recall) hard cli at my request to 12k, then auto cli'd to 13.5k at the 6 month mark.

Are they BK Friendly?  What kind of scores are they looking for?
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure about the bk issue, scores were upper 690's - low 700's.
Message 6 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I have one of their rewards cards. Started with $2k in March and got a CLI last month bringing the CL to $3k. They are good. My rate is at 0% for transfers.

BTW. TU was at 670 or so.

Message Edited by llecs on 10-08-2008 11:44 PM
Message 7 of 17
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, National City is not BK friendly as I have inquired about it myself as I have a BK on my credit file.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cadavis0609 wrote:
They've got a card for everything don't they?

Yep, quilting IS everything!! Smiley Very Happy

Now, what do I have to do to get a needle and some thread in your hands? Smiley Wink

Really, since I've become so obsessed with fixing our credit, I've let my fabric addiction go woefully neglected. I really need an excuse to hit my local JoAnn's!! A Quilters Rewards card would be just THE ticket!!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, guys!! Looks like in a year (sigh), the QR will be our first app!!! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.