Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National City

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

National City

i have had my CC for approx 60 days and it seems like National City is really slow reporting. has anyone else experienced this? or has my account just not been open long enough?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National City

reported about avg for me. did you hear they are losing money and are putting themselves on the market?
Message 2 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

No, i did not. i assumed they were doing well. heard of any prospective buyouts?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

internet grumblings of a key/nat city merger. only sticky wicket there is citi has key's cc service, so not sure how that would shake out.

seems nat city has some losses due to mortgages and thier stock took a nose dive recently.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, National City's stock downturn seems to have started in July 2007. I do remember in August, there was an article in our local paper saying how National City is no longer accepting applications for equity loans.

Fortune just posted that National City is looking for buyers as Ducky mentioned. Two likely candidates are Key and Fifth/Third, but if they can't stabilize their financials, any acquisition may be unlikely.

Shucks, National City's Every Rewards Visa is on my list. Darn it, I still want that rewards card...
Message 5 of 8
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I just got the National City secured.  They reported the $3 mthly fee almost immediately.  This is only the first statement so we'll see what happens. 
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This article is speculating about Wells Fargo and Chase, as well as Key:

http://www.bizjournals.com/eastbay/stories/2008/03/10/daily90.html
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

i wouldnt be said if WF or Chase bought NC......
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.