Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide CC App status.....

tag
doedoe
New Contributor

Nationwide CC App status.....

i applied 3-28-10 and recieved the 7-10 day message. I called yesterday to check on the status but was told its still pending.

i checked eq & tu but Nationwide hasnt pulled either report. ex is frozen.

anyone who has applied, was the credit pull on your reports right away?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Nationwide CC App status.....

Nationwide pulled TU for me within 1 day of applying.  I am in Georgia.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied  about an hour ago and was instantly approved,but I don't know the CL. Kinda went on a spreeSmiley Wink. Discover $8K,Citi Plat Select $6800(I'm done). Although I may try Alliant CU in the morning!

Thanks to MY FICO,I was able to turn my credit profile around in a year. I appreciate all the advice I found here.

Message 3 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

DoeDoe, I suggest that you call and ask why the delay.  Sometimes they will put a restriction on your application that the front line CSR isn't aware.  Things such as identity or income verification, locked credit reports, etc.

I have found them to be a very good company.  I only wish I was eligible for full membership.

Message 4 of 9
doedoe
New Contributor

Re: Nationwide CC App status.....Updated

well i called this morning. transfered to underwriting and was told its still under review. they said its because theres a freeze on my report. the only freeze i have is on EX.

i asked if they could pull TU or EQ and they said no, they only pull EX.

both my TU & EQ reports are clean and scores are both over 700.

EX has 1 CO from 04'......

dont know if i should do it or not.????

Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Something isn't right.  Why would your app still be "under review", when they say they will only pull EX & your EX has a freeze & they didn't ask you to remove it.

I think you may have gotten the one CSR that might need more training.  I don't believe I've heard anyone to date mention ONLY an EX pull.  In fact, I believe it was about a 99% TU only, pull rate.

I'd call back another day at another time & get another rep.  See if they say the same thing.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 9
doedoe
New Contributor

actually they did tell me to remove it. she said in 3 days they will try pulling it again. she said that was enough time to call EX and remove it.

edit: dont know if it makes a difference or not but i live in AZ and almost everyone pulls EX.

Message 7 of 9
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Thats strange that they pull EX...I have a Nationwide CC and it doesn't even report to EX...only TU and EQ. Not quite sure why...and on one of them it reports as Nationwide Credit Union. It is a pretty good card..one of the few that credits your account monthly for the cashback on purchases. Much better than having to wait until you have $50.00 or so to redeem. The website to manage the account is pretty much the worst I've seen.

Message 8 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

Thats strange that they pull EX...I have a Nationwide CC and it doesn't even report to EX...only TU and EQ. Not quite sure why...and on one of them it reports as Nationwide Credit Union. It is a pretty good card..one of the few that credits your account monthly for the cashback on purchases. Much better than having to wait until you have $50.00 or so to redeem. The website to manage the account is pretty much the worst I've seen.

That is exactly my findings with Nationwide.  Pulled TU only.  Only reports to EQ and TU.  One as Nationwide Bank, the other as Nationwide CU.  I know they recently were chartered as a bank.  Maybe the rules have changed?

Agree also that the online card management site is crappy.  It reminds me of the Hooters site.  Not much information there.

I like the monthly cash back feature too.  Since I PIF before the statement, I always have a credit balance showing on statement.

Oh! And I am in Georgia

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.