Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide CC or PNC CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide CC or PNC CC

http://www.nationwide.com/credit-card.jsp

https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Blank.do?siteArea=/pnccorp/PNC/Home/Personal/Credit+Cards/CC/PNC+Ca...

These are the two cards that I was considering 

What do you guys think Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance for your replies 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nationwide CC or PNC CC

I have a Nationwide and got one in 12/08 or 12/09 when everyone on the board was getting one.  It is my lowest apr (7.24) and the CL is just at the min where I want to call it a keeper ($6.5K).  I keep it because it was my second rebuilder card after Cap1 so I believe in loyalty. 

I think their web page to pay is difficult and I have had 2 major purchases (one for $3K and one for $4K) declined even though there was sufficient CL.  The $3K was for an over the phone purchase for Herbal Life products and Nationwide thought the purchase was a scam.

I called and asked what's up and they simply said they wanted to hear from me before the purchase because it sounded like it as a catalog purchase and seemed kind of high.  Whatever. . .

Then I tried again 2 years later for another major purchase and declined again to pay my Fed taxes.  I had to use another card, but I called in after and the same crap, They wanted to hear from me before the purchase.

Their credit card is good for buying cans of soda or at McDonald's but don't plan on any one major purchase like appliances unless you also have the time to call in and get the purchase approved. 

Message 2 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.nationwide.com/credit-card.jsp

https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Blank.do?siteArea=/pnccorp/PNC/Home/Personal/Credit+Cards/CC/PNC+CashBuilder+Visa+Credit+Card

These are the two cards that I was considering 

What do you guys think Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance for your replies 

I have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa for years and it 's ok.  I got it when they were National City.  I applied for Nationwide Visa and I got denied because too many open accounts. They're conservative like Sallie Mae. I like my US Bank Cash + Visa Signature Card. I use it almost everyday. I use the card instead of BB RZMC Platinum, Costco Amex, Discover More, Chase Freedom.  I heard it is not easy card to get ( depends on your credit history).

Ron.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron1

I have been waiting since Wednesday to get my results on the Cash + Card. Just waiting, twidling my thumbs, watching as the time goes by as I listen to US Bank say "your application is still under review, a decision can typically be made in 3 days." Smiley Very Happy

Fingers crossed; i figured I havent been denied yet, so maybe they are interested...they pulled EQ, and I believe it came back at a 715 fico score so fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron1

I have been waiting since Wednesday to get my results on the Cash + Card. Just waiting, twidling my thumbs, watching as the time goes by as I listen to US Bank say "your application is still under review, a decision can typically be made in 3 days." Smiley Very Happy

Fingers crossed; i figured I havent been denied yet, so maybe they are interested...they pulled EQ, and I believe it came back at a 715 fico score so fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!  I applied the card in the beginning of the last month when they first came out. I have been seeing a lot of people got  1% cash back rewards  under 740 score. They looked at everything. I can say they're convservative too.  What's your credit utilization? What's your score?

By the way, I didn't check until I got the card. I was afraid that I got denied. Look at my US Bank Visa Signature Card and you will have a good idea how easy/tough to get approved.

Ron.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron1

Score: EQ 715 Fico
Utilization: 0%
No BK, foreclosure, repossessions, collections, PR
I hope I get the Cash + I see that the high 740's are getting the cash + card.
Message 6 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ron1

Score: EQ 715 Fico
Utilization: 0%
No BK, foreclosure, repossessions, collections, PR
I hope I get the Cash + I see that the high 740's are getting the cash + card.

Wow!!!  Everything looks good. How come your score is lower than mine? Do you have any late payment? According to them, my EXP was 750.  By the way, they will send you FICO score regardless the status of the application.

Ron.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea some old lates about three years old. I've found that the more time passes, the less these bad marks hurt my score.
Message 8 of 25
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

You are right about the lates, less impact as time passes but with them, you, me and everyone else who has a 30-60-90-120 or KD will not be in the 1st Tier when it comes to handing out credit.  I have another 6 months before the first of a gazillion of them start to be removed.  I bet I don't see any increase for the first 6 months of them falling off Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

It might lower your chance to get approved for Cash+. They might approve you 1% cash back card.

Ron.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.