Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Credit Card approval

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: Nationwide Credit Card approval

@score_building wrote:

Even so, responses to these variables from Nationwide seem to dove tail, some get nixed and some get in.  High uti combined with low AAoA seems to be a fatal combo upon app.

I think you nailed it, score! 

Seems Nationwide wants a little more  age, not a lot of new accounts (or inqs)  and some utilization.   And as I mentioned, I thought I'd read they had a score minimum of 690 (?). 

I waited quite a while before deciding to bite the bullet and give it a try.  I actually was holding my breath when I applied because of the 'up and down' reports of app success and failure with Nationwide.

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 21 of 24
score_building
Senior Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Even so, responses to these variables from Nationwide seem to dove tail, some get nixed and some get in.  High uti combined with low AAoA seems to be a fatal combo upon app.

I think you nailed it, score! 

Seems Nationwide wants a little more  age, not a lot of new accounts (or inqs)  and some utilization.   And as I mentioned, I thought I'd read they had a score minimum of 690 (?). 

I waited quite a while before deciding to bite the bullet and give it a try.  I actually was holding my breath when I applied because of the 'up and down' reports of app success and failure with Nationwide. 

+1 Congrats on the sweet approval rom!  The timing just seemed to work out for us upon app., so far delighted with the card and their track record of AA appears to be much less extensive than it is with chase, amex, boa, etc. so a great pick for stability of CL and diversity IMO.  I am not a rewards junkie, though I admire them (but supplies (rewards) are low these days anyway, lol) so the straight 1% works out just fine for me.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 22 of 24
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks, score!!

Yep, I'm pretty excited about this one. I've been reading all the Nationwide posts for a while,  but was waiting for inqs to drop and accounts to age before apping for anything.

I'm thrilled that Nationwide "likes me, they really like me!",, especially  in light of my recent decline from Citi. Smiley Sad  Had a pre-app offer & liked the BT terms (0% 15 mos), but they didn't like my baddie or my utilization, both cited as reasons for the declination.

The $7500 (if card actually is issued at that limit) is  my current highest.  When I called for limit and APR, the rep advised the CL was $7500,  but that the CL could change when the card was actually issued.  Maybe they do a further manual review after the initial instant approval to determine the CL?!?!

Anyway, I'm glad to have it and will probably use the 6 mos BT to help get my utilzation down faster!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! They denied me a year ago, switched my insurance on both cars to Nationwide, forgot about the denial, Applied online and got a Very nice limit! They are weird with approvals..I dont think they have any set formula on approving, people with 50% UTL and some with 9 INQs are approved, as are 1year 8 Month AAoA. SO congrats!! I hope you get a big line!!!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.