Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide Credit Card

I have been going through a lot of the threads in the Credit Card section and read up on the some of the Nationwide CC from 2010 and was wondering if anyone has applied for their CC this year and what was your experience?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ALP
New Contributor

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

I was thinking about this the other day.  I planned on posting this question myself, but got sidetracked.  I too am curious if anyone has tried to apply within the last 6 months for this card.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

FWIW, found this on Finance Globe regarding the Nationwide Credit Card (applicant was denied and gave feedback):

"Denied, for two reasons, Didn't meet the minimum 690 score, did not meet the minimum 2 years with personal "non authorized user" history. should of waited 30 days 23 months of personal history".

http://www.financeglobe.com/FN/Card-Application/AppStatusID-1353.php

From what I have read among the approvals, these cats toss around some pretty heavy credit lines (up to $50,000, but the guy did have an 813 FICO!). Might be worth a shot, but I'm guessing the credit requirements will extend beyond the 690 gatekeeper i.e. they review and scrutinize the report heavily.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha based on my TU FICO score I am 1 point away from 690 threshold but it should be higher in the next 30-45 days once I clean up some negative stuff still being reported on my TU report and then hopefully will be at 720 to apply for the card Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

haha based on my TU FICO score I am 1 point away from 690 threshold but it should be higher in the next 30-45 days once I clean up some negative stuff still being reported on my TU report and then hopefully will be at 720 to apply for the card Smiley Happy

I hear ya...that's my story with Discover. I have been pining for that card for months, but I need to get my util down to 1-2%, get 6 months away from some of the inquiries, and let my accounts age. I should be pushing 700 by that point and will have a chance. BK7 from 2009 does worry me a bit

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hear ya...that's my story with Discover. I have been pining for that card for months, but I need to get my util down to 1-2%, get 6 months away from some of the inquiries, and let my accounts age. I should be pushing 700 by that point and will have a chance. BK7 from 2009 does worry me a bit

To be honest I'm not really happy with Discover right now....they CLD me in 2009 from $5,500 to $4,700 because of some stuff on my report (didn't bother to check then), then this year again they CLD me to $2,900 because of stuff on my report (didn't bother to check again) I figured I get around to it one day and figure out whats going on. Finally after months of procasinating I decided to try out Credit Secure from AMEX and the stuff on there looked bad...I had late CC payments that were 30, 60, 90, and 120 late. What sucks though was the card was not even mine. I was added as an auth user on my Mom's Chase card years ago to translate on her behalf. Well she ran into financial trouble in 08-09 and that negative was being reported on my credit report. I finally got all the negative stuff removed from EX report. Have a few negative stuff still to be removed from EQ/TU. They seem to be slow at cooperating and correcting invalid stuff. Well I called Discover a week ago for the 2nd time requesting to give me back my credit limit of $5,500 but the OPR guy wouldn't budge saying when he pulled the report there was still negative stuff on my EQ report. As soon as all my negative stuff is removed from EQ I am calling discover back and going to do my best to get my CL back and even ask for more 

Message 6 of 8
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

I have my car insurance through Nationwide, so I applied for this card back in July '11, and I asked what their requirements were, it was indeed a score of 690 along with other factors, the basic standards you hear from other creditors.  I applied over the phone, didn't get an instant decision from the Rep.  I figured it was a denial because I did have a lot of inquiries on my Equifax (don't ask how many I really couldn't tell you) but a couple of days later I called to check status, was told I was approved for $4,000.  It was a low limit for my taste but decided to keep the card.  Nothing spectacular about it, if I don't get an increase at the six month mark, I might close it.  Who knows?!?!?!

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 7 of 8
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@Strepthroat wrote:

I have my car insurance through Nationwide, so I applied for this card back in July '11, and I asked what their requirements were, it was indeed a score of 690 along with other factors, the basic standards you hear from other creditors.  I applied over the phone, didn't get an instant decision from the Rep.  I figured it was a denial because I did have a lot of inquiries on my Equifax (don't ask how many I really couldn't tell you) but a couple of days later I called to check status, was told I was approved for $4,000.  It was a low limit for my taste but decided to keep the card.  Nothing spectacular about it, if I don't get an increase at the six month mark, I might close it.  Who knows?!?!?!

Unless i am wrong i think this card if used for auto repairs has 12 months no interest . So i keep it around for that reason. But my CL is only 2.5k

Nope not confused..

Discover Nationwide Bank Visa Credit Card features that match your spending

• 0% introductory APR on bank credit card purchases and balance transfers for 6 billing cycles from account opening
  • 0% promotional APR for 12 billing cycles on automotive repairs from date of repair purchase1
  • 1% cash back rebates on all purchases each month that are automatically applied to your account
  • No annual fee

Never realized this was a cash back card.....

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.