Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Is A Joke!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide Is A Joke!!!

So ...

Applied with Nationwide a week ago Monday (so about 10 days ago)  Got an instant approval and welcome kit email.

The shenanigans started the day after (Tuesday)  From what I have seen here, most people that get accepted call the falling day to find out what the CL will be.  When I called, they told me they didn't have that info and my info was still under review.  Told me to call back Friday.

Friday comes and goes, and I forget to do it, BUT, guess what shows up on Monday, a Nationwide CC with a $10,000 CL !!! I thought -- Sweet!  Call the number to activate the card, the CSR told me that my file was with the Credit Department and that I could not activate it.  Told me to call back during the Credit Departments business hours the following day.  So, Tuesday, I call .... They put me on hold to go and speak with the Supervisor.  After about 10-15 minutes on hold, the CSR came back to me, told me he wasn't sure what's up, but his supervisor was busy and couldn't help me.  Told me to call back tomorrow.

Called Today .... After a 30 minute conversation with 2 different people, the gist of the conversation was this "We think we messed up and shouldn't have approved you for a card -- We'll let you know the outcome within the next 30 days"

WHAT IN THE WORLD?  I would understand if I got the "We need to review your credit profile and notify you in 7-10 business days" but I got an INSTANT APPROVAL and I GOT THE DAMN CARD !!!!!!

My Credit Profile:

Scores:  In my sig

Income:  $175k+

Baddies/Lates:  NONE

AAoA:  2.5 years

Utilization:  0-1%

Inq's:  5 per (Mortgage several months ago, and recent AMEX pulls, DirectTV, AT&T Cell)

I just don't get it?  I would understand if I was some sort of risk, but, i don't have a single nick on my CR anymore and its spotless!  I just don't understand certain Credit Card Companies ....

At this point, I have no idea what is going to happen.  I have the card here, with the sticker still on it, but can't use it ..... After this long fiasco, not sure I even want to use it anymore.  AMEX to date, has been WAYYYY better ....

:: end rant ::

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationwide Is A Joke!!!

Just got Notice today ....

They cancelled my Card ... They gave zero reasons, but said it had NOTHING TO DO WITH MY CREDIT, CREDIT HISTORY WITH OTHER CREDITORS, or anything like that?

this is the weirest thing ever ...

From Instant approval with $10,000 CL, card shows up 5 days later, can't activate it, a week later cancelled.

What in the world ?!?!?!

Message 2 of 5
jeannieavc
New Contributor

Sorry to hear that purecash. Smiley Sad What a big tease that was.  I was actually thinking about applying with them in a few months because of the big CL's I've been hearing about. I don't know now.  WHat did you list as income? and years at job?

Oh, I see your income.  WOW!  I can't believe they denied you.

Starting Score: 1/25/10 EQ 568, TU 641, EX (FAKO) 580
Current Score: 9/27/10 EQ 692, TU 736, EX (FAKO) 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got Notice today ....

They cancelled my Card ... They gave zero reasons, but said it had NOTHING TO DO WITH MY CREDIT, CREDIT HISTORY WITH OTHER CREDITORS, or anything like that?

this is the weirest thing ever ...

From Instant approval with $10,000 CL, card shows up 5 days later, can't activate it, a week later cancelled.

What in the world ?!?!?!

They have to give you an ECOA notice -- no exceptions.  This notice must come either with the denial letter or the denial letter must state that you have 30 days to request the specific reason(s) for denial.

Sounds to me like there is some "security" problem that they are probably imagining.  To tell you the truth, people at Nationwide can sometimes be flakes and even, at times, brain-dead.  Personally, I believe in holding people accountable.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Nationwide is a joke.

It took them 8 days to post my payment and meanwhile late fee applied.

I am waiting official confirmation from my bill pay service and then

1. Close the card

2. File BBB complaint

3. And if late fee is not refunded file ripp off complaint.

Nationwide got a lot of love and warm recomendations on this board, but in my case they are defenetly not worse it. The worst lender ever.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.