Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide.. Should I apply

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Nationwide.. Should I apply

Hey Everyone.. I just was approved for a refinance with Nationwide.. My new APR is 6% from 21% ..im totally shocked as no one else I tried could even come close.. Do you think its worth applying for a Nationwide Credit Card? I heard they are super hard to get, IM wondering if the way they score it could work in my favor now I have a auto loan with them?

Any ideas?

BTW.. My scores have dropped a little due to new discover and chase 3 months ago .. Now 677 was 698 Experian.. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Nationwide.. Should I apply

@remarc wrote:

Hey Everyone.. I just was approved for a refinance with Nationwide.. My new APR is 6% from 21% ..im totally shocked as no one else I tried could even come close.. Do you think its worth applying for a Nationwide Credit Card? I heard they are super hard to get, IM wondering if the way they score it could work in my favor now I have a auto loan with them?

Any ideas?

BTW.. My scores have dropped a little due to new discover and chase 3 months ago .. Now 677 was 698 Experian.. 

I don't think that they pull EX.....If I recall correctly they pull TU.     Also I don't believe that having an auto loan will make a CC approval more likely, they are probably 2 separate organizations....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@remarc wrote:

Any ideas?

remarc,

Nationwide requires a minimum 690 FICO on TU (not sure which version they use) for approval for their CC.  I called about this a while back when I first started digging around on these forums, and this was confirmed to me by a CSR.  She said if you didn't have at least a 690 that it was an automatic denial.  She also said that if you receive a pre-approval in the mail you can apply online; otherwise you can only apply by submitting a credit application over the phone.

Hope this helps... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 TNTTRANSPLANT
Message 4 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@remarc wrote:

Any ideas?

remarc,

Nationwide requires a minimum 690 FICO on TU (not sure which version they use) for approval for their CC.  I called about this a while back when I first started digging around on these forums, and this was confirmed to me by a CSR.  She said if you didn't have at least a 690 that it was an automatic denial.  She also said that if you receive a pre-approval in the mail you can apply online; otherwise you can only apply by submitting a credit application over the phone.

Hope this helps... Smiley Happy

They told me that they use something called "tru09"

...and yes, it comes from transunion, and you must be a 690 to qualify...

don't ask me how I got one...I have no idea....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.