cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide ... Throwing Me A Curveball !?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide ... Throwing Me A Curveball !?!?!

So ....

Applied for my Nationwide credit card on Monday.  Got an instant approval.  From posts here, decided to call in Tuesday to find out what the CL was.  The CSR told me to try back later in the week (Thursday/Friday) when my application had fully been reviewed, etc....

Call back today (Friday - so 5 days after), Nationwide still can't tell me what my CL is and my application is still under review.

Now, here are the weird points:

1.  Instant Approval (Not, we'll notify you, etc...)

2.  Got an email on Wednesday welcoming me, with a link to my Welcome Kit and that I should receive my card in 7-10 business days.

Now they say my application is still under review?  Not sure what that's all about.

My Stats:

Income: 175-200k (verifiable)

Utilization:   0-1%

Credit:  See my sig (average is 715ish)

AAoA:  2.5 years

Inq's:  Roughly 5 per CR due to just getting a home loan about 3 months ago.

Accounts:  3 revolving, 1 mortgage, 0 auto

Not sure what to think, and I pray they don't send me a card with a $100 limit.

Anyone else have something similar like this happen to them with Nationwide?  From what I can tell, people that get instant approvals like I did, call in the following day to get their CL, they never have to wait it out for a review?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Nationwide ... Throwing Me A Curveball !?!?!

now it makes me wonder if they will do the same to me .  

*edit*

I couldnt resist after reading your post so i called . i was told it was approved and my CL is 2500 .. not the best but hey ill take it . I guess i should have figured out what the Rate is too but didnt think about it till now . Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woolfman,

When did you apply?

This really makes me nervous!!!!

Message 3 of 6
Woolfman
Established Contributor

i believe it was monday . income(household) is a bit less than yours . AAOA is 2.2years  and util is (wince) 43%

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow ... We are just about in the same boat (minus Util) !!!!

Nice !!! Hope mine is atleast $2.5k now !!!!

If you can update this thread when you receive your card, I would appreciate it!  Best of luck!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well ...

Just got my card today ... and to my surprise ... A $10,000 CL and an interest rate of 11.24% (although this really doesn't matter because I PIF every month)

Anyways ... ANOTHER curveball.

Got the card today, called to activate it ... Was told the Credit Department needed to speak with me ... WTF?  LOL.  So, my card can't be activated until I speak with the Credit Department first thing in the morning. 

...sigh... Jump for joy, soon followed by an ... o no ....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.