Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Visa - Anyone apply lately?

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Nationwide Visa - Anyone apply lately?

I was wondering if anyone has applied for a Nationwide Visa lately?  If so, were you:

• Approved or Declined
  • FICO at the time of applying
  • Limit
  • Terms
  • etc.

Just curious..I would maybe want to apply for this card in the next couple months!

Thanks in advance for the replies!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Re: Nationwide Visa - Anyone apply lately?

Im in the market for a decent limit visa also and am also curious. Im waiting until my balances update first!! Lol
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 2 of 17
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Was it  2 years or 3 years minimal credit history that was required for applying?

Message 3 of 17
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

I applied online back on December 2, 2010.  As I recall I got message that I would receive decision by mail.  I think I called the 1-800 number for status several times, and there was never a status to be given.  Ultimately, I received a letter with a single reason that said something like "terrible credit history."  Smiley Surprised  It didn't really say "terrible," but it was some reason I had never seen before on any denial -- short and to the point.

I had about a 702 TU score at the time (maybe higher, but it was definitely a little ABOVE 700).

I didn't try to recon (I figured the reason they gave said it all, as far as they were concerned).  Haven't attempted to apply again for the same reason.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

THEY WERE GIVING GOOD LIMITS AND APPROVING CARDS NOW THEY WANT LONG HISTORY WITH ATLEST 4 CREDIT CARDS FOR MORE THEN 4 YEARS AND AFTER THAT THEY WANT UR TAX RETURNS IF U HAVE GOOD HISTORY AND UR PAYSTUBS ..BASICALY IF U APPLY WITH THEM U SHOULD THINK LIKE YOU ARE BUYING A HOUSE WORST BANK EVER NOW , FEW YEARS AGO IT WAS BEST NOW I THINK THEY RAN OUT OF MONEY LOL .....

Message 5 of 17
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

maxn4s I wouldn't take it personal. . . the people at Nationwide today are probably the same as they were a few years ago.

I am thinking, having worked at a bank, they didn't know what they were doing then, and they don't know today Smiley Very Happy.  That is just the way life is ....  bankers are no different than us Smiley Very Happy:  Maybe in a few years from now they will settle into a repeatable approval pattern.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just approved last week.

Instant online approval

740 FICO

they pull transunion

$10k limit

Message 7 of 17
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just approved last week.

Instant online approval

740 FICO

they pull transunion

$10k limit

What state do you live in?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pa

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide always pulls TU.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.