Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavCheck

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

NavCheck

Hello fellow NFCU member.

How is NavCheck reported on the credit reports? I just got approved for a NavCheck and curious to know how it reports.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: NavCheck

DH and were both recently approved as well.  First CONGRATS!  It hasn't showed up on our reports yet but I asked the same question here before apping, it reports as a revolcing tradeline was the answer I was given. 

ETA:  That would be a REVOLVING tradeline.  Not "revolcing".  Smiley Happy

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@kjm79 wrote:

DH and were both recently approved as well.  First CONGRATS!  It hasn't showed up on our reports yet but I asked the same question here before apping, it reports as a revolcing tradeline was the answer I was given. 

ETA:  That would be a REVOLVING tradeline.  Not "revolcing".  Smiley Happy

Good to know it shows like a credit card.

I heard a lot about it so I went for it and was approved, then I asked the question hmmm how is this going to report. Glad I got the answer Smiley Happy Thanks

Message 3 of 12
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Just paying forward the myFICO knowledge! 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 4 of 12
Datx
Valued Contributor

Ahem...its actually called Navchek. Smiley Tongue

And yes, it does report as a revolving tradeline. Works wonder if you have high util. Congrats!

Message 5 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Don't mean to threadjack -- just wondering, when you app for NavChek, do you request a CL or do they just let you know what you were approved for? Are the CLs pretty much the same amounts as the CC CLs? Like, are you likely to get about the same CL for NavChek that you got for a CC w/them?

Nav Chek is only used as overdraft protection, right?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

Don't mean to threadjack -- just wondering, when you app for NavChek, do you request a CL or do they just let you know what you were approved for? Are the CLs pretty much the same amounts as the CC CLs? Like, are you likely to get about the same CL for NavChek that you got for a CC w/them?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

I heard it was a Line Of Credit that you could write checks off of seperately from your checking account, you just have to request a checkbook for it.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks! Smiley Happy

When i went for the NavChek, I didn't ask for an amount, they just gave me what they wanted practically.

Message 8 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks!
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

The max is $15k i think for NvChek

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.