Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavChek....Yay or Nay

tag
cnnlov
Valued Member

NavChek....Yay or Nay

So I'm wondering if I should app for NavChek. I was instantly approved for cash rewards card last week, don't know if it's too soon to app. Also, I will be applying for an auto loan in the next few months or so; would this affect my chances? Help.?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: NavChek....Yay or Nay

I say ask if they use auto enhances FICO for auto loans. If they do not, then u may want to app for Nav check after the car loan. If they do then app away if you don't mind the additional HPs.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Elcid89
Contributor

@cnnlov wrote:
So I'm wondering if I should app for NavChek. I was instantly approved for cash rewards card last week, don't know if it's too soon to app. Also, I will be applying for an auto loan in the next few months or so; would this affect my chances? Help.?

I think your question should be "do I have a use for Navchek"?

It's an overdraft line that you can also write special checks against, but the rate is one of their highest relative to their other products. So, you're in a situation where if you don't bounce checks, you'll probably never use it unless you just like paying higher interest for the same capital extension.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

In this case I surprisingly will say do auto then navcheck.
Message 4 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@cnnlov wrote:

I think your question should be "do I have a use for Navchek"?

It's an overdraft line that you can also write special checks against, but the rate is one of their highest relative to their other products. So, you're in a situation where if you don't bounce checks, you'll probably never use it unless you just like paying higher interest for the same capital extension.

I agree! Many people decide to go for a LOC and never need it. I understand it is for emergencies, but if you do not forsee yourself needing it anytime soon, I would wait until that time comes where you will absolutely use it. 

Message 5 of 9
cnnlov
Valued Member

Thanks!

Message 6 of 9
starry1
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
In this case I surprisingly will say do auto then navcheck.

I totally agree here. i don't know for sure, but I personally feel that they were a little more generous with my NavChek than I expected because they have security from me, and by security I mean that they get my direct deposit and they have my car loan, so they have something they can take if I default.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 7 of 9
Anthonykc
New Contributor

@cnnlov wrote:

The beginning of this month, I got approved for CC, NavCheck and auto loan all within the same week.

you should do a pre-approve auto loan TODAY, its good for 60 days..

They have this promo going on for their 80th year celebration that ends on 9/30/2013.

I got approved for requested amount of 34K with APR 1.99%

SPECIAL LOW RATES FOR 
FIRST-TIME BORROWERS
If you're in the market for your first vehicle, we offer a special low rates for first-time borrowers. Take advantage of this great opportunity now!

Current Score: 715 Goal Score: 775 Will Garden Soon.

CapitalOne Platinum $1.5K | CapitalOne MTV $1.5K | BestBuy Store $6K | Kays $3.5K | Military Star $2K | DiscoverIT $8K | AMEX BCE $1K Smiley Sad | NFUC Flagship $13.5K | USAA World MC $8K | USAA Rate Adv $8K | CSP 5K 10/2013 | NFCU LOC $10K
Message 8 of 9
cnnlov
Valued Member

@Anthonykc wrote:

@cnnlov wrote:

The beginning of this month, I got approved for CC, NavCheck and auto loan all within the same week.

you should do a pre-approve auto loan TODAY, its good for 60 days..

They have this promo going on for their 80th year celebration that ends on 9/30/2013.

I got approved for requested amount of 34K with APR 1.99%

SPECIAL LOW RATES FOR 
FIRST-TIME BORROWERS
If you're in the market for your first vehicle, we offer a special low rates for first-time borrowers. Take advantage of this great opportunity now!

Thanks for the advice, but I'm still saving for my downpayment. I want to have a little more saved up before taking the plunge. I'll probably hold off on the NavChek until after I apply for the auto loan. I also want a little more time to build a relationship with them. Congrats on all your success with NFCU, that line-up is quite impressive.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.