Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavChek question

tag
fltn
Frequent Contributor

NavChek question

Can I transfer money from my navchek to my checking account, and if so will it be available instantly?

Also will my CC's with them do that also?

I need to show funds in my account to put an offer on a 13K condo.

I know it is expensive to do it this way, but it is rent ready, and if I get it, I already have a renter and can pay it back in 6 months.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Re: NavChek question

Anyone?

I heard that is how I can get a cash advance off of my cc with navy, just not sure if I can do navcheck the same way.

Thank you in advance.

Message 2 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You can't get a cash advance on navcheck the same way. You literally have to cash a paper check from your line of credit checkbook, or purposefully overdraw your checking account
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
You can't get a cash advance on navcheck the same way. You literally have to cash a paper check from your line of credit checkbook, or purposefully overdraw your checking account

Are you sure?

The credit Card you can transfer to your checking account and it's always been instant for me... I have done it for up to $6700 recently... some have reported just needing to verify it was them next day on phone or something, but I have not had that issue yet

it's also not really that expensive... well I guess if taking long term it is, but it doesn't cost anything to use off credit card, just start paying interest right away...

Message 4 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, I've tried... I couldn't find a way to do a cash advance from navcheck other than just depositing a check that I wrote to myself. Navcheck is kind of weird. If you want to pay for something with navcheck, all you have to do is transfer funds from checking to sharesavings, then use nfcu bill pay, or your checking account info to pay.
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

By the way, the funds have to be sourced and I don't think that is an acceptable source for funds needed to close.
FICO 9:

Message 6 of 9
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
By the way, the funds have to be sourced and I don't think that is an acceptable source for funds needed to close.

You mean for the condo?

It is a cash sale, I just need a cashiers check for payment.

Message 7 of 9
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Yep, I've tried... I couldn't find a way to do a cash advance from navcheck other than just depositing a check that I wrote to myself. Navcheck is kind of weird. If you want to pay for something with navcheck, all you have to do is transfer funds from checking to sharesavings, then use nfcu bill pay, or your checking account info to pay.

You mean transfer any cash you have in checking, then use bill pay from checking? That way it doesn't take your cash if acct is empty and will have to come directly from Navchek?

Message 8 of 9
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Another thought, to get cash faster from navchek, nfcu told me that I could access the loc using a loc check at nfcu, so I suppose I could write myself a check and they would cash it in the branch. Anyone ever do that?

Last time I used it, I just wrote my mom a check, but she had to wait for the 10 day hold to get the cash. I am just trying to avoid that hold.

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.