cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy BT offer: $0 BT fee, 0% for 12 months --where's the catch?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy BT offer: $0 BT fee, 0% for 12 months --where's the catch?

@DI wrote:

But PenFed got the better deal. You can get  0%APR and no transfer fee for the life of the balance.  How about that?!!

Please post a copy of your offer.  I have their 2.99% BTFL from a couple of years ago, but I see nothing about 0% BTFL.  Website and email indictates 4.99% BTFL with no fee.

Message 11 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DI, maybe you got the offer because you're newer to PenFed, and they're hoping to draw you in even more. Smiley Wink

At any rate, this isn't the first time that forums members have compared offers from the same bank (someone other than PenFed; I forgot who), and we all had different offers on our screens. With that earlier one, I had different offers depending on whether I logged in from my laptop --which the bank website "recognized" --or my work computer, which I had never used.

At any rate, is anyone else getting the 0/0 offer from Navy? It says limited time only, but it doesn't say when it expires. I'd like for a paid-off CC account to update to $0 before applying, but I'd hate to miss the offer in the meantime.

(See, this is why it can be worth keeping all but one reporting $0 as a rule, because ya just never know. Smiley Wink)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the 0/0 offer from Navy.  Took 2 days to process the BT.

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the 0/0 offer from Navy.  Took 2 days to process the BT.

Thanks! Did you use an existing card, or get a new one? And if I may ask, which card do you have, and are you happy with it?

I still don't see a card offering from Navy that really jumps out at me. I'm pretty eh on points cards (they never seem to redeem the full value of the points.) I generally buy my plane tickets on Expedia or on Southwest's site, so airline points don't usually work well, either. I suppose I'm leaning toward the cashRewards card, but I can be convinced to do otherwise. Smiley Very Happy

I'm guessing that, as with other CU cards, NFCU CC's real rewards program is the generally high CL's and good customer service.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed offer

Yep, that's the same 4.99% one that I see.

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is my primary banking institution (and USAA) and carry the Platinum Visa card. PenFed has the better card and I give it tons of buiness as do my State Farm Platinum.

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed offer

Yep, that's the same 4.99% one that I see.

Same one in their mass mailing.  The do not have a 0% BTFL.  The lowest offer I've ever received was 1% BTFL from CapOne.

Message 18 of 38
smallfry
Senior Contributor

0 NFCU 4.99 from Penfed. 

Message 19 of 38
laz98
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

At any rate, is anyone else getting the 0/0 offer from Navy? It says limited time only, but it doesn't say when it expires. I'd like for a paid-off CC account to update to $0 before applying, but I'd hate to miss the offer in the meantime.

we just transferred 3 balances to navy federal in the last week.  it was actually a pretty fast process; i thought it might take longer.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.