Epic Contributor

Navy... Can you talk to decision makers?

I was told I had to wait for letter before it could be discussed, now that I have the letter, I'm being told that's all you get.  Then I asked for my credit score because last time they sent it to me and this lady told me they don't do that... Well clearly you did before!!

I'm so frustrated with going round and round with people who don't have any power to do stuff but they sure do have their 2 cents to add in!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Super Contributor

Re: Navy... Can you talk to decision makers?

What exactly did you ask for and what did they say ?
Epic Contributor

I asked for an unsecured CC.

they said:

1. sufficient credit with other people

2. passed performance with other creditors (I guess that would be my bk from 2007)

I had just paid off a junk of debt, that's why I tried applying again.... I'll just wait a couple more months, think I will be wiping out over 50% of my current balances, then I will try again.

Super Contributor

Yes. Wait 3 months and ask again. Navy seems to be very liberal. Last week I asked for cli of 10k each on 2 of my cards. They approved 5k cli on each card.
Moderator Emerita

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:

they said:

2. passed performance with other creditors (I guess that would be my bk from 2007)

I had just paid off a junk of debt, that's why I tried applying again.... I'll just wait a couple more months, think I will be wiping out over 50% of my current balances, then I will try again.

Do you have deposit accounts (checking & savings) with NFCU? If so, are you making regular deposits?

Edited because my fingers are faster than my brain.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Epic Contributor

LilMirth wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

they said:

Do you have deposit accounts (checking & savings) with NFCU? If so, are you making regular deposits?

Edited because my fingers are faster than my brain.

I do have accounts but I am currently not putting any money in it because it has daily limits for other banks doing transfer into it... I would have to do like 3 transfers before I could pay any of my bills... and it's all set up automatically at other banks! im tempted though

Valued Contributor

"working" accounts are very important to NFCU. Used to be not so much, but things change.

I would even consider changing your DD to NFCU. Otherwise they really may not work with you even in 3 or 6 months.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Super Contributor

Not sure using the accounts makes any difference. I have $5 in my savings and $25 in my checking and I hardly use them at all. They approved $10K navcheck / 22k MC / 5 K nrewareds visa / 5k Plat Visa, I had been a member only since the usaa - nfcu merger.

Senior Contributor

concorduser wrote:

Not sure using the accounts makes any difference. I have $5 in my savings and $25 in my checking and I hardly use them at all. They approved $10K navcheck / 22k MC / 5 K nrewareds visa / 5k Plat Visa, I had been a member only since the usaa - nfcu merger.

USAA & Navy Federal CU merger?????

IAALBNYL
Valued Contributor

concorduser wrote:

Well you are not exactly as challenged as the OP

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.