Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

tag
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

Welcome to forums TexCredit,and congrats for the new credit line.Smiley Happy hopefully one day i be there .
Well does anyone knows if i am suppose to be in the navy to join a Navy Fedral Credit Union ?
Thanks for your help .

Message Edited by creditdream on 03-13-2008 01:51 PM
Message 11 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I'm so happy for you  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG!

It IS jaw-dropping!

NFCU has been awesome to use over the years (more DH than me - LOL)... now why don't I have one of their cards, I ask myself...
Message 13 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to me in the armed forces, contractor, DOD, or work for them..
Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have disputed with CSC and have called them once.  Seems like they are impossible to get a hold of on the phone and the CSR I spoke with was semi-OK to deal with.  I can tell you that I have had good success disputing with them.

You mentioned your EQ is 632, and I've noticed several people who say they have been approved through NFCU with scores similar to that, with limits in the $3K-$7,500 range, but those are just postings in various forums around the web. 
I'd be interested to know what is driving their decisions on CL's, as I applied on the phone, didn't ask for a CL, I was just told, "Congrats, you are approved for $17.5K @ 11.9%".  My income is pretty good (~ $100K), but of course my score (650) and the derogs on my report couldn't have been a huge help, but who knows.

Anyone else want to chime in on their approval experience with NFCU, your CL, scores and income (if you're OK with that).  Maybe we can find some patterns in approvals and CL's.
Message 15 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Oh God, you got me drolling with that fat cl. I was approved last nov for only $1000 with an eq of 598. My eq is now 661 with only one 5 yr old collection. When I got my first cc with them, my eq was a big mess. i know i will be approved for another card, but my doubt is for how much? I wanted to wait till i hit 680, but it looks like i may be good to go now. My highest cl is @1500 with hooters. I would be very grateful for even $5000, but will i make the cut? I will update the forum when i finally have the courage to apply.
Message 16 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nate (may I call you that?), you should GO FOR IT!  We had similar stats when I app'ed for the NFCU Flagship in November.  My Eq was 668 and I had a 6 year old collection.  I was approved for $30K, by far my largest CL.  Give NFCU the chance to show you how AWESOME they are!!
Message 17 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info Lucknomore. I was thinking of applying over the phone and asking them if they can use one pull for a cli on my first cc and for a new cc application. Has anybody done this with them?. I am now confused to go for cli or apply for a new cc hoping to get a better cl, i don't want to get two inq.
Message 18 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also just be a relative and have them refer you. My husband referred me not so long ago and I got my own checking that I had my paltry $200 child support direct deposited to. I make 35K.Job about 3yrs Scores are 588. I have four subprime cards with highest limit being $500 and I use about 20% of their limits. No lates for 2 yrs but before that I have $7800 med collection and $7000 repo charge off and 10 med collections,largest being $250 most less than $100. No car or installments at all.I read how NFCU was #2 best credit card behind USAA.)All my cc have annual fee so I thought it would be nice to get a card from NavFed since their minimum limit is $1,000(aside from the no annual fee cards, they also have 2 cards with low annual fees).After reading in another forum how great thier cards are and others successes I applied. They also recommended aiming high for the regular card and that I would probably be offered the annual fee card if not accepted for the other.Well I got the VISA card with NO ANNUAL FEE and said they were rewarding me with my improving credit with a $5000 limit 13.5% int rate
Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tex,

just applied online but got an error message that redirected to home pageSmiley Mad

so i called and the CSR took the application by phone..but not an instant approval ...

did you get instant approval? or is this usual?
Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.