Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

Hey Mymy, what was your eq when you applied. Any baddies. My eq is 661 with one 4 yrs old collection. I have a visa cc with them for $1000 and I am trying to apply for master card now that my scores are better. I got my visa with a 592 last nov.
Message 31 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Never mine Mymy. I just saw your eq scores from your previous post. Congrats, wtg.

Message Edited by nathan on 03-17-2008 12:43 PM
Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again everyone - just wanted to give a quick update on my other NFCU adventure.  I applied for the Flagship Visa as well on Sunday and got the "24 hour review" message.  I was just contacted and told it was approved for $17,500 like the MC was last week!!!!  I am beyond thrilled!  I haven't thanked my son enough for joining the Marines and becoming an Air Traffic Controller!  Smiley Happy  I'm obviously very proud of his service to our country and his accomplishments......this is just icing on the cake!

I have a NavCheck LOC application that was placed last week that is still pending, but they are at the employment / salary verfication stage, which I'm interpreting as a good thing, so hopefully I'll have an answer on that one in a day or two also.
Message 33 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

TEX,

did your Flagship visa and LOC come from the same cc pull?

any additional inquiries?

Message Edited by mymy on 03-18-2008 03:37 PM
Message 34 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyMy - Good question, I assumed there was going to be a total of 3 pulls (GoRewards MC, Flagship Visa and Navcheck LOC), but I pulled my EQ last night and noticed that there are only two NFCU entries, both of which correspond to the CC app dates.  It preliminarily appears that there was not a pull for the LOC app (which was sandwiched in between the two CC apps, datewise).

Of all the threads I've read here and on CB, everyone seems to think that the LOC is easier to get than the CC's (not sure why) and not sure if that contributes to the lack of a pull at the LOC app date.. 

Keep us posted if you decide to pursue it.
Message 35 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's official - I have the "NFCU Trifecta" as my Navcheck LOC was approved today for $7,500.  I just want to thank everyone here again for sharing their trials and successes with the MyFico family of users. 

It's the collaborative efforts of everyone's information sharing that makes it possible for all of us to sucessfully pull the levers that effect our credit in a positive manner through knowledge and good credit management.

NFCU has earned the rest of my banking business as well, with their excellent customer service and breadth of low rate financial services.

Thanks again everyone! 
Message 36 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I finally had the courage to apply today, but got the dreaded application is in process. My eq at time of application was 661, 1% utility and 1 five year old unpaid collection. no other baddy. Does navyfed combine cards. I was thinking if I am approved and they offer just 1000cl like my first card, maybe i will ask them to just combine both. My highest cl so far is 1500 with hooters. I will be closing my orchard next month even though it is my oldest card opened may07. Will I still get the one bump? I will update when i hear from navyfed. Pray for me, afterall it is Esther. happy Esther everbody!!!
Message 37 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 583ex,eq587,855tu,3yr old repo and lots of med collections and they gave me 5K
Message 38 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Approved! I checked aplication status online and it says approved, but i do not know the cl yet. FYI, navyfed does not pull for cli per my conversation with them today. I requested a cli for my other card hoping that they will use the same pull but i was told that there is no pull for cli, just payment history. They also recommended to wait six mos before requesting, but i still went ahead and requested eventhough i have had it for only five mos. It doesn't cost me anything, so i said i will just go for it. I will update when i get cl and cli results.
Message 39 of 53
a0034d
New Contributor

WTG!Smiley Very Happy

My step-dad is retired Navy. I'm going to have to check to see if he's a member. Maybe I can join if he is!
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.