Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Re: Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

a0034d wrote:
WTG!:smileyvery-happy:
My step-dad is retired Navy. I'm going to have to check to see if he's a member. Maybe I can join if he is!

Do it! A great CU and great cards. I'd apply but have no one in the Navy, so I'm ineligible
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Frequent Contributor
nathan

checked cl status again tonight and behold! Congratulation, you have been approved for 15k and your apr is 11%. i almost fainted. before this my highest cl was 1.5k with hooters. I still cant believe that 5 mos ago navyfed could only approve me for 1k with 14% apr and now they gave me 15k. Still waiting on cli on first card. These are my cc from oldest to newest:

orchard $300 (opened may07)
navyfed $1000(nov07)
Hooters $1500(jan08)
navyfed $15000(mar08)
Orchard has a $108 af billed monthly @ $9.00. This has served its time and its time to never see again in my wallet. i will close immediately. next goal is to get usaa mc and usaa amex and i am done. Miraculously, my eq score did not change at all after the pull, still 661 per sw.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Congrats, nathan! That's fantastic--you need to plot those increasing CL's out on a graph. That would be quite a curve!

Just be aware that your EX score could still take a hit when the actual account posts, and your history is re-aged. The new account itself usually has more impact than the inq. But since your history is pretty new, I doubt that you'll feel much hurt, and your scores will probably already be increasing after the second month.

Cripes, I'm an Army brat, but I'm starting to get a bit envious of the Navy... :smileysurprised:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
mymy

just recieved JFCU 7.5k card wooooo:smileyvery-happy:

one question how soon do they report to the CRA?

hopefully they dont take as long to report as JFCU...i just charged $20 today 03/25/08... maybe they will report at end of month

thanks
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Super congrats mymy! What a great opening cl! :smileyhappy:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I just talked my dad into joining so I could become eligible. I hope they hook me up like they do with the rest of you guys.

I'm in the market for a LOC.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Congrats-

I would say you get a FICO boost of 20 points-

nathan wrote:
checked cl status again tonight and behold! Congratulation, you have been approved for 15k and your apr is 11%. i almost fainted. before this my highest cl was 1.5k with hooters. I still cant believe that 5 mos ago navyfed could only approve me for 1k with 14% apr and now they gave me 15k. Still waiting on cli on first card. These are my cc from oldest to newest:

orchard $300 (opened may07)
navyfed $1000(nov07)
Hooters $1500(jan08)
navyfed $15000(mar08)
Orchard has a $108 af billed monthly @ $9.00. This has served its time and its time to never see again in my wallet. i will close immediately. next goal is to get usaa mc and usaa amex and i am done. Miraculously, my eq score did not change at all after the pull, still 661 per sw.

Frequent Contributor
nathan

When i got my first card, they reported about 3 wks later to all cra.
Frequent Contributor
nathan

Cli approved for 5K. Asked for 5k and got it. If I knew they would approve for 15k, for the other card i would have asked for more but i will just wait another 6 mos and try again. This week has been my best week in terms of credit. 20k in 3days. I give all credit to every body in this forum who thought me how credit works. Thanks for all your advice. Btw got sw today, i lost only 2 points from inq. Eq went from 661 to 659. 700 club is not too far. I will post results in whogavemecredit to help others decide. What a weekInsert Smileys
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I hate waiting!

My membership went through and I applied for their mastercard and a LOC and got the 24 hour message for both.

They said they pull EQ and I have a 678 with no baddies on EQ. I was hoping it would be good enough.
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}