Did you mean: 

Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

@a0034d wrote:
WTG!Smiley Very Happy
My step-dad is retired Navy. I'm going to have to check to see if he's a member. Maybe I can join if he is!

Do it! A great CU and great cards. I'd apply but have no one in the Navy, so I'm ineligible
Message 41 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

checked cl status again tonight and behold! Congratulation, you have been approved for 15k and your apr is 11%. i almost fainted. before this my highest cl was 1.5k with hooters. I still cant believe that 5 mos ago navyfed could only approve me for 1k with 14% apr and now they gave me 15k. Still waiting on cli on first card. These are my cc from oldest to newest:

orchard $300 (opened may07)
navyfed $1000(nov07)
Hooters $1500(jan08)
navyfed $15000(mar08)
Orchard has a $108 af billed monthly @ $9.00. This has served its time and its time to never see again in my wallet. i will close immediately. next goal is to get usaa mc and usaa amex and i am done. Miraculously, my eq score did not change at all after the pull, still 661 per sw.

Message 42 of 53
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats, nathan! That's fantastic--you need to plot those increasing CL's out on a graph. That would be quite a curve!

Just be aware that your EX score could still take a hit when the actual account posts, and your history is re-aged. The new account itself usually has more impact than the inq. But since your history is pretty new, I doubt that you'll feel much hurt, and your scores will probably already be increasing after the second month.

Cripes, I'm an Army brat, but I'm starting to get a bit envious of the Navy... Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 43 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

just recieved JFCU 7.5k card woooooSmiley Very Happy

one question how soon do they report to the CRA?

hopefully they dont take as long to report as JFCU...i just charged $20 today 03/25/08... maybe they will report at end of month

thanks
Message 44 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats mymy! What a great opening cl! Smiley Happy
Message 45 of 53
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I just talked my dad into joining so I could become eligible. I hope they hook me up like they do with the rest of you guys.

I'm in the market for a LOC.
Here we go again...
Message 46 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats-

I would say you get a FICO boost of 20 points-

nathan wrote:
checked cl status again tonight and behold! Congratulation, you have been approved for 15k and your apr is 11%. i almost fainted. before this my highest cl was 1.5k with hooters. I still cant believe that 5 mos ago navyfed could only approve me for 1k with 14% apr and now they gave me 15k. Still waiting on cli on first card. These are my cc from oldest to newest:

orchard $300 (opened may07)
navyfed $1000(nov07)
Hooters $1500(jan08)
navyfed $15000(mar08)
Orchard has a $108 af billed monthly @ $9.00. This has served its time and its time to never see again in my wallet. i will close immediately. next goal is to get usaa mc and usaa amex and i am done. Miraculously, my eq score did not change at all after the pull, still 661 per sw.

Message 47 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

When i got my first card, they reported about 3 wks later to all cra.
Message 48 of 53
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Cli approved for 5K. Asked for 5k and got it. If I knew they would approve for 15k, for the other card i would have asked for more but i will just wait another 6 mos and try again. This week has been my best week in terms of credit. 20k in 3days. I give all credit to every body in this forum who thought me how credit works. Thanks for all your advice. Btw got sw today, i lost only 2 points from inq. Eq went from 661 to 659. 700 club is not too far. I will post results in whogavemecredit to help others decide. What a weekInsert Smileys
Message 49 of 53
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I hate waiting!

My membership went through and I applied for their mastercard and a LOC and got the 24 hour message for both.

They said they pull EQ and I have a 678 with no baddies on EQ. I was hoping it would be good enough.
Here we go again...
Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.