Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Redue APR

tag
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

Navy FCU Redue APR

Right now, 

I am interested in getting my APR reduce with Navy Federal. Right now it's at 17.99% at the time of opening on May 12, 2014.

They started me at 1k, now I am at 20k (Which they recently approved)

of course, I don't carrry balance for more than 2 months. 

What other facts play into role in asking to reduce my APR?

I don't want them to pull another HP. 

What are your success stories? 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy FCU Redue APR

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

Right now, 

I am interested in getting my APR reduce with Navy Federal. Right now it's at 17.99% at the time of opening on May 12, 2014.

Wait until 1 year and call up and ask... they click a button just like Discover can do and it comes back yes or no... no hp.

Message 2 of 17
js0319
Established Contributor

Wait a year, and make sure your scores are in line. They will take your income and scores into consideration when making a final decision.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 3 of 17
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Ca is. Correct. You can ask once a year they will let you know if you qualify or not. Good luck

Message 4 of 17
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

Right now, 

Wait until 1 year and call up and ask... they click a button just like Discover can do and it comes back yes or no... no hp.

Good question OP.  

CA - at one year can you call and ask for APR reduction on the credit card and CLOC at the same time?

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 5 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

Once per rolling 12 month if APRD is granted.

If declined can check back again sooner, recommend waiting about a month.

Only a seasoned/ well informed member rep will know this, many will not, don't rely on their f/b for the APRD request protocol.

It took a while to reach lowest APR offered on the Platinum (7.99), one or so points per request, over a few years.

The final drop from 8.99 to 7.99 was a no with 35% UTL (bt balance), following month a yes at 0 UTL. Mentioned to rep had tried about a month ago and was denied, she incorrectly said then you have to wait a year. I asked her to please place the request anyway: Approved.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 17
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

So, it's 1 point per year? 

or could be possibly more... or it might be wishful thinking

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 7 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

Your entire credit profile matters just as it does with APR with any creditor.

Message 8 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

So, it's 1 point per year? 

or could be possibly more... or it might be wishful thinking

Yes, it could be several points depending on overall profile/ worthiness. Several posts over the years have indicated a multi point drop, often it seems to be just 1 or 2 at time, it varies though.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

Right now, 

I was approved for the CashRewards Visa back in mid November 2014 for $4,000 at 15.9%.   I asked for a CLI the beginning of March and was approved for $25,000.    A few days after the CLI,  I sent a secure message asking NFCU to upgrade the card to the siganture version.    They did do that for me and lowered my APR to 9.65% without asking and transfered the bonus points I had accrued to my savings account as well so I would not lose them.

Good luck if you try to do this.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.