Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU ..Secured

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Navy FCU ..Secured

I recently opened an acct with Navy FCU. At first, a secured credit card appeared in my offers..but disappeared a few days later. I was wondering if anyone has ever been denied for the Navy FCU secured. I recently applied with Cap One who denied me for a secured card due to baddies on my Trans and Exp reports. Any responses to this are much appreciated

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy FCU ..Secured

I have it, I don't think they decline ever unless you owe them money and it's reviewed at 12 months for unsecured and you can up the credit line in like 1-2 hours via asking them to lock more savings account money.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They CAN decline you (I asked when I originally opened my NFCU membership account), but I doubt they will unless they really don't like your credit report.

As far as secured cards go though, the NFCU one is fantastic - low APR, no AF, and rewards. And it can unsecure after 12 months. Sure beats the competition!

Message 3 of 8
tbc
New Contributor

NFCU  secured card is awesome.

I believe my scores were similar to yours at the time.  

The customer service is superior in my book.......

STRONG RECOMMENDATION.

YES, they can decline you ....I asked also.   The same day I applied, I got an answer less than 2 hours later.  

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 4 of 8
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks you all....I figured a decline was a possibility....I just have so many baddies on my reports that I need to get a few cards or at least this 1 with a high limit to balance out everything over the next 2 years. Hopefully they will be willing to work with me

Message 5 of 8
tbc
New Contributor

Hi

Just be aware you will take a hit from them from all three agencies. 

However they report to all three.  Well at least they are to mine.

It was a sound decision for me to join and sign up for this card.

Good luck to you.

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy has pulled either TU or EQ for me for ALL applications and I have never gotten double hit for 1 application.

Message 7 of 8
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks to all of the replies on this...I'm working on putting together the security deposit and will apply early next month. I've gotten some deletions and my score is going nowhere so I think that the only aid to my score  will be to gain some positivie accounts.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.