cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU - how sensitive are they to inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy FCU - how sensitive are they to inquiries?

Hi everyone.  This is my first post.  In fact I just recently registered, although I have been reading and taking notes for some time.  This forum is wonderful!

I want to know how sensitive Navy Federal Credit Union is to inquiries?  I recently joined and want to apply for a credit card.  I have 2 new accounts on equifax and 3 inquiries.

My new accounts are Discover and Juniper, both opened in the past 2 months.  I would like one more, and think NFCU is my preferred choice based upon what I have read here and on other sites.  This would be my last application for a long while.

Any input about inquires and new accounts is greatly appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy FCU - how sensitive are they to inquiries?

First and foremost NFCU is sensitive to your EQ score, especially if your are applying for a card for the firs time.

I applied with 2 new accounts as well. You're good to go.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in this question also.  Last week I joined NFCU, but I have not applied for anything with them, just put a couple thousand on deposit with them to warm the relationship a little.

I have read posts of some incredible CL's with scores not as high as I would have expected to be required.  Let us know what your results are if you do apply. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I have read posts of some incredible CL's with scores not as high as I would have expected to be required.  Let us know what your results are if you do apply. Smiley Happy

this has changed significantly over the past 12 months -- lending standards are much more strict than they have ever been.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  I had read a few posts as recent as Feb/March 2009 that had received very generous CL, moreso than what seemed to be the similar CR/FICO elsewhere.

You posted EQ 803...did you recently apply for anything and if so what were the results?

Message 5 of 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

i work for them...we've tightened up our lending standards across the board: credit cards, auto loans, mortgages, etc. i didn't have trouble getting a credit card when i first became a member though.
Message 6 of 11
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

NFCU just approved my son (20 yrs. old) for a 1k cashRewards card today. He has no credit history and no Fico score.

They did the same last year for my step daughter at the age of 19, no history , no Fico scores.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 7 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I had 8 or 9 before app with NFCU, no problem, got the Visa & LOC.
Message 8 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I had 20-some inqs on EQ when NFCU approved me for a $10,000 CC, and $15,000 LOC. The inqs were from rate shopping on a car, so that might have helped.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fret -

How long ago did you app?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.