Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU "My Offers"

tag
butterfly3303
New Contributor

Navy FCU "My Offers"

Does anyone know if  the "My Offers" are pre-approvals or invitations to apply?  I have an offer to apply for the Cash Rewards card but was curious if this was just an invitation.  I do not have any softs from them...

Any have any experience with My Offers?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy FCU "My Offers"

I think the offers are based on what they think you will be qualified for.  On my offers it asks me to app for their secured cards.  I have 4 charge offs right now.  On my DW's offers it asking her to app for mortgages and navchek (she has better credit than I do). 

Message 2 of 6
butterfly3303
New Contributor

Thanks for your feedback!   it appears that it is just an invitation to apply and not a pre-approval...bummer! 

Message 3 of 6
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

In my experience, if it shows up in "My Offers" you likely will qualify.  I applied and was pleasantly surprise when was approved for $10,000.  Truthfully, I almost passed out!  I haven't received any other offers since, but my scores were in the lower 600's at the time.   You will soon find out that NFCU truly ROCKS!  Good luck! 

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 4 of 6
butterfly3303
New Contributor

Congrats!  That is a great starting CL!

I think I am going to hold off for another 6 months, I have 2 collections that are going to be deleted this weekend and one more that will be deleted in March.  I think my scores should be in the mid 700's by then and hopefully I will be approved.

Thanks for your input!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's in the "My Offers", it's a pre-approval. Of course they're never guaranteed, but they are based off of soft pulls and not just an invitation to apply.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.