Navy FCU rebuild

1st time poster in need of advice. I have a $1400 unpaid Navy FCU cc charge off that I am prepared to pif if I could rekindle my relationship with them. I am looking to rebuild since I have fixed my major credit issues. My FICO scores are Eq (755) with 0 inquiries or collections, TU (638) with 1 inquiry/ 4 small collections and Ex (667) with 3 inquiries/ 3 small collections. I also would welcome and appreciate any advice on where I should start to add trade lines. I currently have an open Toyota Financial auto loan with 0 lates, Cap One Secured ($2800), Cap One cash rewards ($500), BBRZ ($400), combined revolving utilization under 15%. Thanks

Re: Navy FCU rebuild

+1 Bump      Help please someone

Valued Member

I would definitely pay that NFCU CC. They are great and very forgiving. You could garden for a bit until your baddies fall off or score goes up, them reapply to navy.
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

How old is the CO?  Have you talked with NFCU?  Do you have any other things with them, checking, savings, etc.?

If NFCU is important to you, I'd call them and see if they will reestablish membership.  My guess is that they will.  Once a member always a member (that is if you still have a qualifable way in).  They are generally forgiving.

I tried to call, need to wait till Monday

Super Contributor

I agree you should do whatever you can to get back in with NFCU ~ let us know how it works out.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Epic Contributor

I feel like I have seen others post about paying Navy and turning around and getting approved for membership followed by credit card and loc again right away.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.