Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Personal Expense Loan and nRewards CC - EQ Fico of 660

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed Personal Expense Loan and nRewards CC - EQ Fico of 660

Hi All - This is my very first post although I have been reading these boards for a while and has helped me tremendously.

I recently on Tuesday applied for a nRewards credit card with Navy fed with a Fico score of 661, but my application has been in "review process" since tuesday. Anyone had this experience?  I have no collections, clean and only 5 inquires in two yrs. However I have 4 sub-prime CCs and  low balances on each.

My goal is to get a high Credit Limit with the nRewards card and then close all other sub-prime cards that I have. I also have a credit card utilization of 30%. 

I also applied for a 6,000 personal loan at the same time and have not heard from them. As such with one day, I have two hard pulls from Navy fed.  I am just nervous of being denied? suggestions or thoughts? Experiences?

My Fico as of 11/28/08 - EQuifax - 661,  Experian - 702, Transunion - 652

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
creditstudent
Established Member

Re: Navy Fed Personal Expense Loan and nRewards CC - EQ Fico of 660

I would recommend calling them. They may need additional information. DW just apped on Wednesday for a NRewards Mastercard and got the review process message but was then approved on Thursday. She did put in a message in to let them know why she was looking for new credit. That may have helped her to get the card without having to call in.

Calling them with allow them to ask you any questions that may have that mught cause you to be denied.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditstudent
Established Member

I would recommend calling them. They may need additional information. DW just apped on Wednesday for a NRewards Mastercard and got the review process message but was then approved on Thursday. She did put in a message in to let them know why she was looking for new credit. That may have helped her to get the card without having to call in.

Calling them with allow them to ask you any questions that may have that mught cause you to be denied.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apped about 5PM on Monday for a Plat(no rewards) MC.  Got the 'need to review message. allow 3-5 days'.  BY NOON on Tuesday was approved for 14K (the Visa also has 14K). I am a PIfer and there are checking/savings/investment accounts with NFCU - so that may be why I got a quick response.

Card appears on the my account pages today.  It did cost me a hard but was worth it (looking to hedge on Citi since I have 1 MC and 4 gas and a HD with them - and Citi has problems and I am ansy about who they could sell to). 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.