Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Secured Card -> UnSecured Card

tag
empiror22
Regular Contributor

Navy Fed Secured Card -> UnSecured Card

I know this has been talked about a few times.  Some have said it does unsecure, some say it doesn't.  I will confirm that it does Graduate to the unsecured version of the card.

Details:

EQ score 700 ish (7/2/2015), 700 ish (6/13/2014) when I applied ( I applied for the secured version just to see if it would grad)   Score is the same within a few points.

Graduated about one work after my 13th statement

didn't increase my limit but i already had a 5k limit (and have a 20 k flagship)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Secured Card -> UnSecured Card

Yep! 13th statement, if only $500 limit it will double to $1k

Congrats on the graduation!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job on the graduation..

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my card since September 2013 and it never graduated. I just recently closed it.
Message 4 of 8
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Some of the people who did not graduate with this card said they had late payments while they had it.  I am sure that plays a role in whether it graduates or not.  They probably look at payment history, use, and score when determining whether to graduate.  Some are able to get a new NFCU card with high limits and the secured still does not graduate.  My guess would be that it's because the graduation weighs that specific account history more vs. a new card application weighs score at time of application, income, etc. more.

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 5 of 8
empiror22
Regular Contributor

I agree.  I just wanted to post that they still do in fact grad.  I used the card for my little brother's trip and random little things.  Never late, paid in full monthly, as well as my other card I have with nfcu.  I had the flagship well before, just testing as a few people have said they don't any more.  Thx and good luck to future nfcu ERS

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense, but if you have a secured card and have late payments, why would you expect the lender to graduate you ?? That's absurd. They didn't offer you an unsecured card because of low scores and issues with your CR's. Than you don't pay on time with the unsecured card they gave you and you expect them to graduate ?? Not happening (I'm talking in general. Not to anyone who posted above).
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Empiror22 !! 🙆🙌🙆🙌🙆
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.