Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

Re: Navy Fed Visa Signature Question

[ Edited ]

werty, is it worth to pays AF of $49?   Do you travel a lot and can use the rewards you earn before it expires in 5 yrs?

If they let you,  why don't you switch to the cashRewards instead?   It earns same 1% on every purchase and pts never expires with NO AF and better than nRewards.

* I do keep my nRewards because of it is my oldest cc even its rewards program is not that good any more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
New Contributor
werty7777

bunnyrabbit wrote:

werty, is it worth to pays AF of $49?   Do you travel a lot and can use the rewards you earn before it expires in 5 yrs?

If they let you,  why don't you switch to the cashRewards instead?   It earns same 1% on every purchase and pts never expires with NO AF and better than nRewards.

* I do keep my nRewards because of it is my oldest cc even its rewards program is not that good any more.

In the big picture yes it is. I buy roughly 6 airline tickets a year, rent a car once (card covers deductible in case of accident), and put around 45k a year through that card. So with the tickets basically being 2 points a dollar and the visa gift card being 1.5 points per dollar it makes sense for me to move to the card even with the annual fee. 

I know it isn't the best card out there but I like NFCU and it is just a PC so no need for another hard inq on my report. I choose not to manage through multiple cards with revolving 5% categories like some do. I find good enough for me just to use one card. I get too confused otherwise! 

Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

werty7777 wrote:

In the big picture yes it is. I buy roughly 6 airline tickets a year, rent a car once (card covers deductible in case of accident), and put around 45k a year through that card. So with the tickets basically being 2 points a dollar and the visa gift card being 1.5 points per dollar it makes sense for me to move to the card even with the annual fee. 

I know it isn't the best card out there but I like NFCU and it is just a PC so no need for another hard inq on my report. I choose not to manage through multiple cards with revolving 5% categories like some do. I find good enough for me just to use one card. I get too confused otherwise! 

That is a good reason to go for it!
You know yourself well and very clever!   But, whenever you are ready, app for another one that come with simple rewards program ... then you don't have to keep up with 5% categories.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+