Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed & Me

tag
KayMD
Valued Member

Re: Navy Fed & Me

I'm not pregnant my girlfriend is. I'm going to be a father.

Message 21 of 36
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

I'm not pregnant my girlfriend is. I'm going to be a father.

Wow that ONE comment cleared up about 15 posts in this tread, lol. Congrats on NFCU I just got in myself on Saturday, and congrats on becoming a father!

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 22 of 36
RemyWinchester
Contributor

Thanks for the clarification. Yes that does clear a lot u...

Thanks for the clarification. Yes that does clear a lot up! 

But please be careful, as this is very abnormal for Navy to let someone sign up who hasn't even been to MEPS. It's cool you got the card approval but I wouldn't stir the pot too much until you officially enlist. 

Hope you have a great Naval career and congrats on becoming a father.  The kids are A LOT of work! 

Message 23 of 36
KayMD
Valued Member

Re: Thanks for the clarification. Yes that does clear a lot u...

I won't. At the rate things are going I should be enlisted by sometime next month.

Message 24 of 36
dpechal
Regular Contributor

If you are not happy with your current CL I did a CLI two days after being approved for the card and it increased by $3.5k.  $7,500 is excellent but to see where you are capped at request a CLI of $25k.  For example I requested $25k and they countered with 15.5k.  I also just signed up with them, have no relationship, and had $150 in a checking account I will never use.  Also this was for the flagship.

NOTE:  I am not encouraging you to do any of this by any means.  Just sharing my story with you incase you were hoping to break the 10k mark for whatever reason's (UTL, ect.)

Summary:  Congrats!

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 25 of 36
Eightiron
Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

I won't. At the rate things are going I should be enlisted by sometime next month.

Congrats, what MO are you looking at?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 26 of 36
KayMD
Valued Member

Navy, I would like to be a MP, but not really sure that's going to happen.

Message 27 of 36
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Im in the Army and the life of an MP is horrible, schedules are all over the place to include weekends frequently. Its a rough MOS (Not sure what Navy calls it) but if Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement is up your alley you'll be making a good choice.  

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 28 of 36
Eightiron
Contributor

@dpechal wrote:

Im in the Army and the life of an MP is horrible, schedules are all over the place to include weekends frequently. Its a rough MOS (Not sure what Navy calls it) but if Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement is up your alley you'll be making a good choice.  

+1 rough rough scheduling.  Long watches and terrible times.  They are called Master At Arms.  Working with aircraft is the life.  You are attached to squadron, not a ship/  Shorter trips out to sea, and you dont stand ship watches.  Only the hanger bay, so shorter hours and less often.  And flight deck pay can be banger.  AT"O" have it made.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 29 of 36
jboy1972
New Contributor

@RemyWinchester wrote:

You're right, it's the internet. But let's all congratulate OP for her valorous service in talking to a recruiter and when we get the typical "NFCU FROZE ALL MY ACCOUNTS!" posts I will offer no sympathy. 

You make a lot of assumptions. I stated a lot of facts.  It's highly suspicious a recruiter is entertaining someone 7 months pregnant. 

And it's a fact NFCU reviews every membership, not at the branch, but at their security department.  Obviously people have been able to sign up in person - but they don't stay in for long. 

thanks for your service.by the way RemyWinchester. I agree with you to some point. Thats why NFCU should step up there membership dept to vet them before opening up any sort of account with NFCU.. It might take longer for members to get active accounts, but I say its worth it dont you think? Now for this unusual scenario, whos fault is that? NFCU or the OP.. I say NFCU. How wold they correct this? just shut you down for there mistake? hmmm...I dealt with there security dept and man oh man its a very unique experience if you ask me..  But they are very understanding (IMO) will give you every possible way to keep you a member... OP thanks for considering to join the service...

NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.