Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed inquiries

tag
max2mum
New Contributor

Re: Navy Fed inquiries

That is exactly what they did to me too. I ended up with 3 hard pulls a week apart for app & cc.

Starting Score: tu-460 eq-570 ex-580
Current Score: tu-693 (6/6/12) eq-624 ex-679 (6/6/12)

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

One downside to Navy is that they are kind of HP-happy. Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Generally not for what they give in return and considering the majorty of CU pull per product sorta par for the course. Now if they were EX pullers that would be a bit more of a 'downside' Smiley Tongue

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Generally not for what they give in return and considering the majorty of CU pull per product sorta par for the course. Now if they were EX pullers that would be a bit more of a 'downside' Smiley Tongue

Why does it matter if it's EQ or EX or TU? Most CUs will use the same pull for at least 30 days. Yes, Navy gives high CL, but mine is only $2k, so I have yet to experience that benefit from them.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Does anyone know if Navy uses the same HP for multiple uses (e.g. CLI, CC app, and/or other loan products) within a certain time period?

Thanks!

thats not what they did with me. they hp pulled me for member ship then took the same app and used it for my cc and auto loan. ive seen several people who join apply for everything at once cause its only one pull but of course ymmv

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 15 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Why does it matter if it's EQ or EX or TU? Most CUs will use the same pull for at least 30 days. Yes, Navy gives high CL, but mine is only $2k, so I have yet to experience that benefit from them.

Some are amenable, it varies widely- but many, including NFCU typically pull separately for product.

In the absence of any road blocks (e.g. having reached a maximum exposure limit, etc) it is likely to grow with you over time.

While I likely didn't wait long enough to earn an auto or preapproved (hard free) CLI with NFCU, each CLI request resulted in a sizable increase.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.