Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed

I so want to become a member but I know no one in the navy past or present, only a grandfather who died 30 years ago. how can i become a member?
is there any backdoor way?

thanksSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed

Never mind they let me join using him, even though he passed away 30 years ago.
Thanks Anyway!!!!!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm jealous! I wanna join...

hey...can I be your "brother"? Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

TheCynicalOne wrote:
I'm jealous! I wanna join...

hey...can I be your "brother"? Smiley Happy

I am your sister. You just found this out after 19 years of my existence. I am sorry but I was a Charmed one, and you werent!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charmed One?

Okay now this is maybe me reading too much into that statement and this is probably the inner fanboy coming out, but this totally reminds me of Charmed where they took Shannen Doherty off the show and brought in Paige/Rose McGowan and they discovered she was their long-long sister like 20 some years later.

I'm such a nerd!

We should all say we're related and join the navy fcu!  They have the best deals on the web, I was on their site for like twenty minutes the other day.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont feel bad i'm 29 and was a HUGE Charmed fan!!!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What info did you have to provide from your Grandad.  I have no way to get in but my grandad was also in the navy but was not a part of this credit union.  Do I have hope to provide his name and that is it?
Message 7 of 13
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Carrie,

I didnt know you had to be in the military or associated to be a member of that CU. You are going to honor your grandfather by thinking of him every time you go to this CU, right? After all, it was HIS sacrifice that made it possible for a family member to enjoy benefits associated with the military, right? Otherwise, you would have had to go a recruiter to enjoy those benefits, right? Smiley Wink

It makes me feel good to know that one day, a family member I may not even know could benefit from the sacrifices I make today.

I salute your grandfather, and way to go on becoming a member. Never forget how you got there and the sacrifices he made.

Stpn2me

Message Edited by stpn2me on 11-06-2007 07:42 AM
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

you do have to be in the Navy or know someone who is or was and since my grandpa died 10 years before i was born it is nice to have a tie to him.
Didn't have to provide anything although I had info ready incase they asked (honorable discharge papers from WWII)(wounded in battle)
Never asked name or anything. when I called said that I really wanted to become a member but the only tie I had to the Navy was a grandfather who was honorably discharged and died years ago.
she put me on hold and came back saying that was enough.
lots of luck to you and wish the army had something like this and i would have been set easily

Thanks
Message 9 of 13
BRH3
Regular Contributor

What are the major benefits of joining?  My Dad is ex-Navy. Does he need to join first or can I join right now? Thanks for any info.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.