Did you mean: 

Navy Federal $200 sign-on Bonus

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Navy Federal $200 sign-on Bonus

Hi myFICO family,

On May 23, 2016, i was approved for the cashRewards Visa signature with NFCU that advertised $200 sign-on bonus if you spent $2,000 within 90 days. I spent this amount in one month. So I called Navy Federal to see when the bonus would be credited. I was told that I had to wait the full 90 days before I got the bonus. I was disappointed but I waited it out. So this morning I called and was told that I had to wait another 8 weeks because NFCU had to review the account and ensure it complied. I truly, without question, feel this is false, or at a minimum, misleading advertising. I'm also disappointed because I've been a NFCU member for many years and am actually a happy member. So I went online to see if I could find the original offer. On the main screen it says, You'll receive $200 bonus cash back when you send $2,000 within 90 days of opening a new card account. Has this happened to anyone else and if yes, how did you handle it or did you have to just suck it up? I did secure message NFCU about how I felt that the advertising was false/misleading.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal $200 sign-on Bonus

@CreditInspired wrote:

Hi myFICO family,

On May 23, 2016, i was approved for the cashRewards Visa signature with NFCU that advertised $200 sign-on bonus if you spent $2,000 within 90 days. I spent this amount in one month. So I called Navy Federal to see when the bonus would be credited. I was told that I had to wait the full 90 days before I got the bonus. I was disappointed but I waited it out. So this morning I called and was told that I had to wait another 8 weeks because NFCU had to review the account and ensure it complied. I truly, without question, feel this is false, or at a minimum, misleading advertising. I'm also disappointed because I've been a NFCU member for many years and am actually a happy member. So I went online to see if I could find the original offer. On the main screen it says, You'll receive $200 bonus cash back when you send $2,000 within 90 days of opening a new card account. Has this happened to anyone else and if yes, how did you handle it or did you have to just suck it up? I did secure message NFCU about how I felt that the advertising was false/misleading.

Sorry to hear but NFCU does that with all their bonuses.  I had the same thing happen with bonus points for my Flagship card and had to wait about 5 months after I met the spend to see the points.  Your only option is to 'suck it up' and move on.  Don't mean to be negative but there really isn't much choice.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am waiting on them to give me bonus for using their realty referral program on my mortgage. I closed on August 1st but was told it would take several months to issue the bonus. I guess they just process their outgoing money slowly.

Message 3 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks Irish80 for letting me know. At least I now know "it's not just me" Smiley Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It would be so nice, Annipoo, if they let us know this stuff upfront. Thanks for responding.

Message 5 of 9
YellowBanana
New Contributor

Hey there, my first statement was 05/22 on my NFCU Cash Rewards. I spent the $2000 for the $200 bonus. Yesterday my third statement 08/22 came out and when I checked online I saw the $200 bonus  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is wonderful news, YellowBanana! Congratulations! My 3rd stmt comes out tomorrow. Maybe, I'll be so lucky. Thanks for sharing.

Message 7 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UPDATE

I got my statement this morning and was credited the $200 bonus. I'm so excited! Smiley Very Happy

You were correct Yellow Banana.

Message 8 of 9
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Still waiting on my bonus....

The refer a new member bonus was very quick. ($100 for the member and new member). My parents received one, I received 2 and my wife also received one.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.