Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal 3months first Credit Limit increase question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal 3months first Credit Limit increase question

Hey Guys,

Started out with a 2600 SL Navy Federal Go rewards card 3months ago and my 3rd statement is getting ready to come out. The first month I used 2000 then paid it in full. The last two months carrying about 80 % UTIL, can I still request a CLI and get an increase as soon as my 3rd statement comes out plus or minus a few more days or is a CLI only expected if I would've paid in full each month and kept a low util? I've been spending quite abit on it to get that 3k + spend in the first 90 days.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal 3months first Credit Limit increase question

Hi Steve, this question is probably best suited for applications forum just so you know. Theres a great Navy thread going on thereSmiley Happy

Carrying or not carrying a balance isnt really the determining factor in getting a cli. Its always best though to not carry such a high balance even if you can pay it off. Lower uti looks better but of course thats my opinionSmiley Wink

Most important when going for your first cli is that you have your 3 statement cuts and at least 90/ 91 days. These are what most of us have gone off by the data points we have seen.Sometimes it also helps to time it near an AR, account review at best chance at sp luv. Best of luck hope you get itSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.