Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Approval...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Approval...

@Anonymous wrote:

The first person I spoke to said that for me and my wife to join, her mom (retired Army) would have to join first.

The next 3 people I talked to (first to ask about it, then for my wife to join through her mom's eligibility, then for me to join through my wife) said it was enough that her mom was eligibile to join, she didn't actually need to be a member.

We were told that also, but every phone call to them made them question our eligibility a little more. This weekend we called and they demanded her mom join as well as send in documentation before we can access our accounts. Her mom joined and we're faxing everything this morning. Kinda a pain, but oh well. There should be no question about eligibility now.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We were told that also, but every phone call to them made them question our eligibility a little more. This weekend we called and they demanded her mom join as well as send in documentation before we can access our accounts. Her mom joined and we're faxing everything this morning. Kinda a pain, but oh well. There should be no question about eligibility now.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Other than the first rep I spoke to, they've all been extremely helpful about setting up membership. My wife's membership was approved instantly, I had to wait 3-4 business days (and fax in copies of my id/ssn), but at no point did they question eligibility or demand anyone else join the CU.

I'm still trying to get them to process my CC application, but as far as membership goes I had no problems at all.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we became members with our first phone call. The reps are always very nice. But a week after getting our CC, my wife's wallet was lost and not recovered. That might have raised a flag when we called to report it lost/stolen.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.