cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CLI

Established Member

Navy Federal CLI

How long did you have to wait to get an increase I got approved this morning online with a $1000 limit for the nrewards
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal CLI

I opened my Platinum card about this time last year and the limit was 20k.  I requested a CLI in November to go to $25k and they granted it.  So maybe 3 months of use?

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 2 of 12
Established Member

Yeah I was thinking about asking for one at the 4 month mark im trying to get it up to $10,000
Message 3 of 12
New Contributor

Just to add to my first response; my 2nd CLI came in early June.  Went from $25k -> $27.5k. 

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 4 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Remember that with NFCU it's always a hard pull.  I started at $11K and asked for an increase to $18K.  It was granted immediately, but it ended up being a hard pull.  I have not had an auto CLI from them.  I use it every few months to keep it active and have a signature loan with them for my motorcycle.  Don't need more and never carry a balance, so that may be why no love.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 5 of 12
Established Member

How long did u wait before u asked for 18k
Message 6 of 12
Moderator Emeritus

Is CLI from nfcu always a HP and how often should you request them? Asking this question primarily on my husbands behalf. His nfcu card opened in may with a 4k limit

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Established Contributor

I got a MC in July of last year and couldn't wait any longer; asked for an increase around June or early July (before 12th statement had cut) and they approved me instantly.

I got a VISA in around September, less than one year ago, and logged on yesterday to see that they gave me an increase without my having to ask! Smiley Happy

*no hard pull, even for the increase I requested.

How much of an increase did they give u what was your starting balances?
Message 9 of 12
Established Contributor

I just went from $15K to $22K in July w/ no hp...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 10 of 12