Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU Questions

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal CU Questions

I have a lot of his personnel file details such as rank, serial no, base, time serviced,etc. I do not have a DD12. My real father is dead and so is my grandfather so I am not sure what I would do if they asked. If it is not good enough for them then they can shut me off. I will pull my money out per your advice. I would freak if they froze all that money.

Message 11 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Who sponsored your membership? If no one did then did you take the eligibility survey to check how you were eligible?

A lot of people get to "join" NFCU and get approved for lots of credit only to realize that they were never actually eligible in the first place because they didn't do their own due diligence and then they get mad at NFCU when they take everything away.

If your eligibility is in question be prepared to provide proper docs b/c they will take it all back and freeze everything while doing so.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 15
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I called them and explained everything and she said I was eligible. She also said that since the system instantly "approved" me and I did it by phone instead of online I have a better chance of not getting asked for anything. I asked them what they needed and she said nothing. So it is on NFCU if they take it back. I asked and was told I could become a member. That being said, based on what I am reading, I am just going to use their credit products. I am not going to keep any money on deposit there. If I do keep a little whats the worst that could happen? They freeze the account and have to give me my money back? Its my money after all.

Message 13 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Hope it works out for you.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 15
Airforcekid
Established Member

The form you will need is a DD214 I imagine you could find the number for their security department and sort of trigger your own review if you wanted to feel very safe and take the risk.

NFCU Cashrewards $3,500| Navcheck $7,500| Discover IT $500| AMEX $6000| CS:724
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.