Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU Secured Card...Approved

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy Federal CU Secured Card...Approved

Just logged in and my nSecured card is showing up as one of my accounts.  I put 1k in it... so excited and can't wait to advance my relationship with them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal CU Secured Card...Approved

Congratz..  NFCU is a good credit union.  Oh, and just as an FYI, if you ever need it, for most NFCU cards you can just transfer cash from your card to your checking/savings account with no fee.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 7
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Congrats,

I was just curious if you have a bk or anything? I have similiar scores to you, but the reason is high util and late cc payments. I have been getting approved for regular cards with my scores. I am just curious why you would need a secured card?

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

Congrats,

I was just curious if you have a bk or anything? I have similiar scores to you, but the reason is high util and late cc payments. I have been getting approved for regular cards with my scores. I am just curious why you would need a secured card?

yes I have ch 7 and ch 13 and very high util on 3 cards and along with the high util a very high debt load... when I do score simulators it puts me closer to 700 if I paid 80% of the debt down... but that is going to take time... I will be done paying off a line of credit loan this year and hope to re-open it at that time to move another 15k off the credit cards, that would reduce me down to 1 high balance card and 1 small credit card balance on a 2nd card and no balance on 3rd card.

Message 4 of 7
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Thanks,

Was just curious why I would get approved and you wouldn't with the same scores.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

Thanks,

Was just curious why I would get approved and you wouldn't with the same scores.

yes I believe Navy would have approved me for non secured card had I had about 50% less debt.

They had approved me for car refi pending income verification and they would not except anything other than my pay stubs for my one job which is very little of my income... so...

Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats. May all your wishes come true in this new year 2011.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.