Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU credit cards

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal CU credit cards

@CS800 wrote:

I beleive the flagship has an EMV chip version.

Is this true?  If so, it's time for me to call them again.

...on second thought, I'll shoot them a secured message and report back here.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 11 of 15
USF813
Frequent Contributor

They don't offer EMV as of yet. I asked last month and was told no due to cost at this time.

Message 12 of 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I beleive the flagship has an EMV chip version.

Is this true?  If so, it's time for me to call them again.

...on second thought, I'll shoot them a secured message and report back here.

-SM

No, unfortunately there's no EMV chip version.

Read here; there are several reviews which mention the lack of a chip:

https://ugc.navyfederal.org/1021/CC05/visa-signature-flagship-rewards-reviews/reviews.htm

Message 13 of 15
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Yeah, that's what I was thinking (no EMV)... sent them a message before you're 2 responses anyway.  No harm, no foul.

You'd think though, that a bank that specifically caters to those stationed overseas would think to update the standard.  Goofballs.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 14 of 15
azguy13
Senior Contributor

This is a pretty good discussion going. I appreciate all the info on the cards. Sounds like Flagship will be my go to card. I do a fair amount of international traveling and the AF is no biggie for what I spend. I am still in the process of joining NFCU though. I just received an email stating I need to send in a couple of documents verifying who I am. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.