Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union CC

tag
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Navy Federal Credit Union CC

My question is when should I app for a NFCU cc? I am in the rebuilding stage of credit and I am post bankruptcy since July 2011. Since then I only have one car loan that I am never late on, student loans deferred, and one capitol one card au w/ 7500cl (0 balance). I justed opened a checking and savings with NFCU and I keep hearing good things about them, but I am afraid to apply for credit because I don't want to risk a HP if I have no chance of being approved. My fico eq is 610 (no idea about the others, although they have the same info on the CR) and my AAoA is 3 years. Should I wait another year before trying or should I go for it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union CC

I say go for it. At worst its just one inquiry. 

Message 2 of 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union CC

@shalane85 wrote:

My question is when should I app for a NFCU cc? I am in the rebuilding stage of credit and I am post bankruptcy since July 2011. Since then I only have one car loan that I am never late on, student loans deferred, and one capitol one card au w/ 7500cl (0 balance). I justed opened a checking and savings with NFCU and I keep hearing good things about them, but I am afraid to apply for credit because I don't want to risk a HP if I have no chance of being approved. My fico eq is 610 (no idea about the others, although they have the same info on the CR) and my AAoA is 3 years. Should I wait another year before trying or should I go for it?

You're pretty fresh out of BK. You might want to call and talk with their CC dept and ask them if they have a minimum time post BK for a CC approval. In general, they are pretty good helping people to rebuild, but I haven't seen a lot of post-BK posts w/them. I'd suggest you have at least 6 mos, preferrably a year, with any revolving credit line for your best chance with them. With your current profile, I think they'd require a secured CC.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.