Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union - Income Verification

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union - Income Verification

@CreditInspired wrote:

On another note, how did you get your CCs to rotate in your signature line? I love it!

I'm not the poster, but Animated GIF.  You can search for gif makers online for websites that will create them for you.

Message 11 of 19
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I wasn't asked for income verification, but when I was initially denied, I proactively provided it via SM.  I just provided a paystub to show I wasn't inflating my income.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bman70 wrote:

Speaking of Navy Fed, I opened an account as a veteran (under new rules) the other day. The next day I got a call from someone with NFCU, wanting to "finish setting up my accounts and security features." She said it would be a 15 minute phone call, so I said I didn't have the time right then. But I've gotten two emails and another missed call from them, reminding me to set a time for this appointment. I thought my account was already opened when I went to the branch and got my debit card. Anyone else know what a 15 minute interview would be needed for? Just a little annoying since I filled everything out already when I joined.

I should have a data point on income verification here too, since I'm eyeing some products.

I got the same call from them as well a day or two after opening my account with them.  I opened my account online.  It's more like a welcome call IMO.  She did help set up a security passphrase on my account and gave a small overview of my checking account and the features. She also asked if I had any questions about anything Navy Fed offered etc.  She did ask me if I was interested in hearing some of the offers available on my account. I thought it was a nice touch for them to do.  I was impressed. It was a very low pressure type of call.  I've had more pressure exerted on me by 8 year old's selling Girl Scout cookies. lol. 

Message 13 of 19
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

Speaking of Navy Fed, I opened an account as a veteran (under new rules) the other day. The next day I got a call from someone with NFCU, wanting to "finish setting up my accounts and security features." She said it would be a 15 minute phone call, so I said I didn't have the time right then. But I've gotten two emails and another missed call from them, reminding me to set a time for this appointment. I thought my account was already opened when I went to the branch and got my debit card. Anyone else know what a 15 minute interview would be needed for? Just a little annoying since I filled everything out already when I joined.

I should have a data point on income verification here too, since I'm eyeing some products.

I had a bank do that to me once.  It was just a welcome call and wanting to see if I had questions.  Stupid.  Trying to be friendly for the most part I think.  I thought it was annoying also.

Message 14 of 19
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Many thanks for all the feedback.  Seems nothing is 100%.  But that's good to know also.

Message 15 of 19
Bman70
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

I have a checking, savings, platinum, siggy, and CLOC and was not asked for POI. I don't understand why NFCU need to schedule a 15-minute interview unless they're trying to sell you on other products Smiley Very Happy

On another note, how did you get your CCs to rotate in your signature line? I love it!

I'm sure I'll need POI for my mortgage app, 😄NFCU rates look pretty good though. 

The rotating cards are, as someone said, an animated GIF. I used Photoshop (CS6) which can make them, but there are free standalone programs. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 16 of 19
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

I have a checking, savings, platinum, siggy, and CLOC and was not asked for POI. I don't understand why NFCU need to schedule a 15-minute interview unless they're trying to sell you on other products Smiley Very Happy

I'm sure I'll need POI for my mortgage app, 😄NFCU rates look pretty good though. 

The rotating cards are, as someone said, an animated GIF. I used Photoshop (CS6) which can make them, but there are free standalone programs. 

Yes, absolutely.  I didn't include mortgage loans in my inquiry.  As an ex-mortgage broker, the mortgage file must contain proof of income.  Although some of the bad products of yesterday are making their way back - i.e., no doc, NIV, etc

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

In one case they requested income verification. I applied again 6 months later and they didnt request supporting documentation. 

I applied for Navy Federal power cash rewards on 06/25. My credit score  was about 715. I stated my income at 180k annual. I stated my job as a 1099 independent contractor. I stated that I was a nurse and a medical marketer.

In this case they requested Tax forms documenting my income.

I applied a second time on 01/10. My credit score was about 715. This time I stated my income at 48k annual.I stated that I was a nurse. I stated that I was an employee of a company. 

Immediate approval. I think this has to do with

1. my income was stated as lower

or 

2. I listed my job as an employee rather than independent contractor.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

I got the same call from them as well a day or two after opening my account with them.  I opened my account online.  It's more like a welcome call IMO.  She did help set up a security passphrase on my account and gave a small overview of my checking account and the features. She also asked if I had any questions about anything Navy Fed offered etc.  She did ask me if I was interested in hearing some of the offers available on my account. I thought it was a nice touch for them to do.  I was impressed. It was a very low pressure type of call.  I've had more pressure exerted on me by 8 year old's selling Girl Scout cookies. lol. 

Yes dont worry @@Bman70, like @Anonymous said, it only welcome call. I got a call too, set a security phase, ask me if I'm interested to open checking account? I said no, and went through all about Navy banking apps features for mobile banking. He also lifted and enable mobile banking check deposit right away (usually restricted for new member). Thats all.

PS: But be aware now NFCU check/pull EWS (Early Warning System) when you open saving or checking account with them. Check my posting about this 2-3 days ago.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.