Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union - balance transfers

tag
brianjb
Contributor

Navy Federal Credit Union - balance transfers

I see that all Navy Federal cards have no balance transfer fees.  Do they offer special rates on the transferred balances, or is it at the current purchase APR?

I was hoping to get one and get a 0% rate on transfers or a similar low rate (1-3%)

Thanks!

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union - balance transfers

Yes sometimes they give promotional bts once or twice a year

Message 2 of 5
brianjb
Contributor

Thanks!  Will they allow that for current card holders as well?  Or only new accounts?  I am wondering if I already have a credit card at the time of the special if they will allow me to transfer balances to it at the promo rate

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@brianjb wrote:

Thanks!  Will they allow that for current card holders as well?  Or only new accounts?  I am wondering if I already have a credit card at the time of the special if they will allow me to transfer balances to it at the promo rate

yes when they offer the 0% for 12 months 1 to 2 times a year it goes into effect for usually about 30 days and it's automatically applied to new and existing accounts.... this last one they just did back in Sept I believe it was it didn't even show up in our online account really but it was in effect (we used it to consolidate everything between the 2 navy cards! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@brianjb wrote:

yes when they offer the 0% for 12 months 1 to 2 times a year it goes into effect for usually about 30 days and it's automatically applied to new and existing accounts.... this last one they just did back in Sept I believe it was it didn't even show up in our online account really but it was in effect (we used it to consolidate everything between the 2 navy cards! Smiley Happy

I spoke with NavyFCU this morning. The representative told me there was no overall available, but when I asked if I had been sent an email or postcard, and if she could look it up rather than keep looking myself, she dug into my account and found the 0% BT offer was there, and available!

Sweet offer, and it means I don't have to scramble to figure out how to PIF a couple of large purchases I made only to find out TD Bank and the CSP only offered 0% for balance transfers, ugh. So, I am BT'ing the current balances of these cards, won't pay interest, and will have a year to pay it off.

Zero Percent Interest for 12 months, and Zero Fee! 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.