Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union has no record

tag
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union has no record

Very nice, congrats!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 11 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Shut you down over $643, 21 yrs ago, absurd and ridiculus, if you feel it was worthwhile to you to pay discharged debt fine, I never would have and would have let them shut it all down forever... Thousands or tens of thousands lost ok but over a lousy 643..

Message 12 of 15
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Shut you down over $643, 21 yrs ago, absurd and ridiculus, if you feel it was worthwhile to you to pay discharged debt fine, I never would have and would have let them shut it all down forever... Thousands or tens of thousands lost ok but over a lousy 643..

Yes, I did it.  In the end, it was my debt (old debt).  It really was no different than all the debt that I've settled during my rebuild with the exception that this debt was unenforceable.  It is absurd, but such a small price to pay.  I would have repaid more than that.  The costs/benefit analysis in this case justified the small expenditure.  I see your point on the "principle" of $643 21 year old debt.  I'm currently paying another debt which has fallen off of my credit report and would have passed the statute of limitations, but due to a job security clearance, I have to pay it ($3,500).  In the grand scheme of things, $643 is nothing.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 13 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Yes, I did it.  In the end, it was my debt (old debt).  It really was no different than all the debt that I've settled during my rebuild with the exception that this debt was unenforceable.  It is absurd, but such a small price to pay.  I would have repaid more than that.  The costs/benefit analysis in this case justified the small expenditure.  I see your point on the "principle" of $643 21 year old debt.  I'm currently paying another debt which has fallen off of my credit report and would have passed the statute of limitations, but due to a job security clearance, I have to pay it ($3,500).  In the grand scheme of things, $643 is nothing.

Smiley Happy Good luck to you.

Message 14 of 15
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Smiley Happy Good luck to you.

Thanks

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.