Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union

tag
thetruthsince82
Established Member

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union

I say go for it! My sister has a 613 credit score and I have a 600, I have 28 inquiries within the past year (8 within the past 2 months) and I was approved for $10k Friday June 1st. I have no baddies currently, but she has tooooons! She has collections  and judgements and was approved for 18k! I have no idea what scale they are using but they are very lenient when it comes to extending credit. I say go for it!!! Let us know how it turns out.

Starting Score: 549 8/2012
Current Score: 680 5/2014
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 24
thetruthsince82
Established Member

Are  you sure? My sister called and asked if we could sign up off of my grandfather who served ages ago but is now deceased. They said sure! He does not need to be a member, but needs to have served. They had her fax over some paperwork, and boom we're in!

Starting Score: 549 8/2012
Current Score: 680 5/2014
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 24
prettydimples

Well I applied for membership and a credit card on 6/15/13. I was approved for the credit card with a limit of $5,500 on 6/17/13. Thanks for everyone's help and comments!

Message 13 of 24
HelpMe----
Valued Member

nice, do you have a high annual income???  I'm trying to figure out if I apply with NFCU but any annual salary is 50k........

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 24
prettydimples

My annual income is $86,000, but I don't remember them asking.

Message 15 of 24
HelpMe----
Valued Member

which cc did you apply for, I applied for platinum cc.

Message 16 of 24
prettydimples

The cash rewards. Did they approve you for the platinum?

Message 17 of 24
HelpMe----
Valued Member

Yes they approved it, but on saturday, they called me up asking if I wanted to be upgraded to the cashrewards card instead........so I said yes, and got approved for that with a 10k CLI......I'm so happy lol

Message 18 of 24
prettydimples

Wow! That's great! Congrats!

Message 19 of 24
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

I'm wondering if NFCU will approve someone who had a Medal of Honor but who's already honorably discharged and has no current connection with military.(no military family memeber, no pension, etc) ?

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.