tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

Message 21 of 44
twiddledee
Contributor

Congratulations......just make sure to use it wisely and it can only get better.  I am absolutely amazed at this Credit Union.

As I stated in my last post, I was approved for a 10K GoRewards Visa yesterday and today I went in to talk to a rep.

I am probably going to switcch over my direct deposit as well as a car loan and line of credit.  Funny how a simple thing

like granting me this credit card (trust) will come back to them many times over......They have my  business.

Message 22 of 44
Lonewolfk9
New Visitor

Hey guys, I am a member of NFCU for about 3 years now.  Just applied for a cash rewards credit card.  Filed bankruptcy last year in October and have been building credit for roughly 5 months.  All payments on time as of recent and a Fico of 616.  Not holding my breath yet but hoping for the best.  They are a fantastic bank and I have had them all! Best by a very long shot!!!

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lonewolfk9 wrote:

Hey guys, I am a member of NFCU for about 3 years now.  Just applied for a cash rewards credit card.  Filed bankruptcy last year in October and have been building credit for roughly 5 months.  All payments on time as of recent and a Fico of 616.  Not holding my breath yet but hoping for the best.  They are a fantastic bank and I have had them all! Best by a very long shot!!!

Definitely keep up posted!  I snuck out of the garden after only being in it for a couple weeks to join them, I'm almost positive it was a HP just to join them so I went all out and tried for a CC and Navcheck, both declined, but I figured so I have a bunch of new accounts and new inquires, plus my util is horrible right now cause of wedding expenses.  I did sign up for a secured card that will hopefully graduate in a year to unsecured Smiley Happy  Back into the garden...

Oz

Message 24 of 44
Lonewolfk9
New Visitor

Got an email from them with an approval! $3500 limit which is way more then I want/need but its a step in the right direction.  I had to file for bankruptcy (cleared in 10/12) so to get a credit card after that with such a high limit is outstanding.  Navy fed is the best bank I have ever dealt with I can't praise them enough.... for anyone else interested the way I built my credit back is simple.  We cleared bankruptcy in 10/12 and my credit score was a 480.  It immediately jumped up to a 565 once it cleared and then I applied for a Fingerhut credit card... sounds stupid but I got approved.  I pay it on time every month and now I just applied for the NFCU CC and got approved.  To anyone thinking about bankruptcy... It won't kill you like you think.  My wife just purchased a 2013 hyundai sonata at 3.9% apr and also has a CC through creditone bank with a $500 limit.  After bankruptcy you just have to pay everything on time and you will be just fine.  Once our credit is around a 700 we will start looking at houses so hopefully within a years time!  if anyone needs help or advice with bankruptcy please feel free to ask!

Message 25 of 44
Monkeylover01

I applied onlint and got an instant approval of 10K. I was blown away as well! Thing is I a have a few stubborn baddies that havent fallen off yet. ( 2 Charge-offs)  I'm really glad they gave me a chance. Im tired of the 100-300 Limit on Store cards. My husband applied and got 6k. Still more than we expected. I think everyone should give it a shot. If you can get an account with them of course. 

Message 26 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Lonewolfk9 wrote:

Got an email from them with an approval! $3500 limit which is way more then I want/need but its a step in the right direction.  I had to file for bankruptcy (cleared in 10/12) so to get a credit card after that with such a high limit is outstanding.  Navy fed is the best bank I have ever dealt with I can't praise them enough.... for anyone else interested the way I built my credit back is simple.  We cleared bankruptcy in 10/12 and my credit score was a 480.  It immediately jumped up to a 565 once it cleared and then I applied for a Fingerhut credit card... sounds stupid but I got approved.  I pay it on time every month and now I just applied for the NFCU CC and got approved.  To anyone thinking about bankruptcy... It won't kill you like you think.  My wife just purchased a 2013 hyundai sonata at 3.9% apr and also has a CC through creditone bank with a $500 limit.  After bankruptcy you just have to pay everything on time and you will be just fine.  Once our credit is around a 700 we will start looking at houses so hopefully within a years time!  if anyone needs help or advice with bankruptcy please feel free to ask!

What was wifes score to get 3.9 at Hyundai?

Message 27 of 44
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

My father served 20 years in the military and has since passed away. My mother is still a recipient of his benefits. Are either of us eligible? I tried the wizard on the website but most of the questions seemed to be for active duty.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 28 of 44
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@JediNeo wrote:
My father served 20 years in the military and has since passed away. My mother is still a recipient of his benefits. Are either of us eligible? I tried the wizard on the website but most of the questions seemed to be for active duty.

I believe she would still be eligible, but if you're not a dependent or reside in the same household, you may not be eligible; but I could be wrong.  However, if you're not too sure about the questions on their website, feel free to call them; they're extremely helpful...I've been a member since my daughter went into the military in 2001, and I've never had a problem with them! 
Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 29 of 44
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Thanks digitaldiva, no longer a dependent. Oh well.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.